+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    These girls need to be put in prison with some harden aboriginal women... Ohh would love to see them lash out to them!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    It would be great if they could send them to an outback station to do volunteer work amongst the indigenous people, however, I would worry that their total lack of respect and disregard to fellow humans would end up making it a futile exercise.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mod-Uniquey For This Useful Post:

babyla  (28-02-2014),frido  (28-02-2014),~Marigold~  (28-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Busy-Bee View Post
    I'd prefer not to watch the video - I find such things too distressing.

However, rather than turn our entire focus on the 2 women there is also this statement by the police

The fact that they police received so much help and were able to identify the women indicates that whilst there are 2 deplorable women out there, there is also a bunch of other people coming forward to help the police identify them so they can be dealt with via the law.

I think after these 2 women spend some time in custody they should then perhaps volunteer in an underprivileged indigenous community.
    I agree with all of this. I also can't watch it. My stomach is churning just reading this thread. Violence towards our most vulnerable really upsets me.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to babyla For This Useful Post:

Busy-Bee  (01-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Uniquey View Post
    It would be great if they could send them to an outback station to do volunteer work amongst the indigenous people, however, I would worry that their total lack of respect and disregard to fellow humans would end up making it a futile exercise.
    I think we should do more of this. Restorative justice practices.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    They'll most likely get off as they handed themselves in. Probably just be given a good behaviour bond. The law here works in favour of criminals. If rapists and pedophiles get sentences of 8 years then why would these girls be given any harsher. The poor bus driver was probably too scared to do anything himself. They looked like they were strong. Feel sorry for the old man that had to endure that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I really hope they are punished harshly. The 17 year old girl already has a record.

I work in aged care and have for almost 7 years. I cried watching the video, it's just too awful. I don't understand how someone could be so vile. Youth really disturb me these days. I don't want my son to grow up

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just watched the video earlier...makes me sick.Of course they will blame it on being drunk ya know what? don't drink if it makes you feral!!!! I cant understand it...when I drink I love everyone!I would have sat down and had chat with the old dude! AND he isn't even abroriginal!!!! Sorry to say but Australia disappoints me so much with their disregard to their heritage!

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to *Chels* For This Useful Post:

Kellbell85  (01-03-2014),pooks  (02-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I couldn't watch it. It's too distressing. These girls need some time in lock up with someone who will make them their b!+ch3s.
    Someone, anyone should've got up OR the bus driver slam his brakes on hard

Thanks
    Reviews
    Absolute scum.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I know the bus driver was being blocked by them when they were attacking the elderly man, but before that when they were causing a scene and being rude to other riders why didn't he do anything? I remember in my school days catching the bus none of the drivers took any trouble from anyone and kicked people off straight away.