+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Congratulations!

Yes, it will get better. Your milk must have only JUST come in! It won't take long.
    Cabbage leaves can help with mastitis pain I think.

Make sure you feed as much as bub wants. That will help regulate the milk your breasts make.
    If you get any red, hard or burning sore spots, make sure bub feeds off that breast. Mastitis comes on quickly. I have never been as sick as when I had it. Best to try and avoid it. If you don't have much info about it, google it so you are aware of what to look out for.

My boobs were like massive watermelons 3 days after birth, but settled down quite quickly.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello Dear,
    I can feel your pain and distress, same happen to me and all settle within 4wks time.
    For Sore nipples....apply breast milk to them as many time as you can plus nubby should be lachting properly.
    For full breast you can apply cold packs after feed especially at night and is your are concerned about milk supply apply hot pack before feeding but one at a time.
    Good Luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I would do a double feed on that side then express in the shower with warm water. Keep checking for lumps and massage them out. They will settle soon. Lots of cold compressors will help x

Sent from my GT-I9507 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've just been dealing with this over the last few days. My right boob was so sore on the side to the point that I couldn't even touch it. I had it checked and it wasn't mastitis. I had to feed him off that side, facing his chin at the sore part and feed him. It hurt like hell, the suction from tender pain was excruciating, but the tenderness got better.

⭐️DS #1 born 15.03.2010⭐️
    ⭐️DS #2 born 16.02.2014⭐️
    ⭐️Me=29 💗 DP=34⭐️

Thanks
    Reviews
    lots of great advice already. With DS2 I got really engorged (worse than with DS1), when my milk came in. The advice from my middy was to use cold compresses (to help slow milk production), and definitely feed off that side but avoid expressing - only if necessary and only a tiny bit to relieve the pain (the more you express the more milk your body will produce, so it can be counter-productive). As others have mentioned, keep an eye out for any red patches or hard lumps. I've had mastitis and had no pain or hard lumps, but a large red patch and flu-like symptoms.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ouchies

Could try a different feeding position to try completely drain the breast?

Hope u get some relief soon x

Ps. Congrats

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Ouchies, my sympathies no extra advice as you've already been given it but I do have a boob obsessed toddler if you want some relief? Just kidding...maybe haha! It will pass I promise