+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Ovary volume - 2.9cc & 3.1cc - 27YRS OLD

Hi I was wondering if its bad that my ovaries are small. What does ovarian volume mean for fertility?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi Bella,
    Were these results on an ultrasound that you had due to difficulty conceiving or something else? They do sound a little on the small side, are you short too?
    They can change depending on where you are in your cycle too.
    I would suggest that if you haven't already had it done and you are TTC without much luck for >1 yr to have the AMH ovarian reserve blood test done. I think this may give you a better understanding of the implications (if any) of smaller ovaries.
    Best of luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you for your repoly Bel2466. yes I dont get periods at all - have only had 1 in 3 yrs since being off the pill and only had a handful of natural ones in my life without being on the pill. I don't ovulate. I dont have PCOS.

My FSH levels are 1 my LH levels are 1. Estrogen is <30.

My follicles don't grow healthy and mature enough to release eggs and now I've found out my ovaries are small too. Had these issues since puberty really.

I have an app with fertility clinic in a few wks but just really anxious about what my chances of having children are with IVF (as my GP thinks IVF will be my only option).

I guess Im just eager to know weather I am going to even respond to the fertility drugs used in IVF and if I have good eggs or not.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've never had the AMH test done which I am eager to have done when we go into the clinic. At least that may give me some answers. I guess I've just been freaking my self out because I read that ovarian Volume can give indication of ovary reproductive age....and my levels are at those of a 50yr old from what I've read so Im scared IVF is not going to even be an option

Thanks
    Reviews
    That sounds tough Bella, so you haven't had your Ovarian Reserve (AMH) tested?
    Hopefully the stimuating drugs will overcome your issues with follies not maturing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah its not nice Only positive thing so far is that my FSH levels are 1 which means my pituitary isnt producing those hormones...but at least they are not high? as the docs cant really work much with high FSH levels. Nope have never had them tested I only just recently learnt about this AMH test with online research so it will be the first thing I ask at my appointment in a few wks.
    Just recently discovered Husband also had 'severely low levels' of all 3 tests sperm count; volume; and mobility.... so that's another hit which makes me think IVF ISCI is going to be even more difficult.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hope you get some answers at your appointment in a few weeks.
    You can start hubby on some things to improve his sperm quality in the meantime if you havent already (menevit and other natural vitamins etc) as they take a while to kick in.