+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Cyber bullying

Long story short....my dd has shown me screenshots from several group Skype chats. There is a boy who's fullname is his screen name and it shows him bullying my dd, he's saying some real foul, awful things...he also says these things to her at school. I have gone over to talk to his mum face to face but she works until late and I start nightshift before she finishes so we ended up chatting via fb. I sent her all the screenshots (with her sons full name) and she said he swears it's not him (this boy has been introuble and been a bully all through primary school, I have no doubt it's him and he's lieing...but I have been giving him the benefit of the doubt).

My question is...if you were this boy's mum;
    Wouldn't you want to get to the bottom of this? Wouldn't you want to get the police to trace the IP address to find out who is frauding your child if that's what you thought?
    Last edited by ozeymumof5; 28-02-2014 at 01:53.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just wish I could post the lot up so you all could see for yourself exactly what's happened.

NurseAnni is offline Winner 2014 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes. Go to the police. It is bullying and its not okay. I would also monitor her online and maybe get her to not include this person in her group chats.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Yes. If someone was masquerading as my son in order to bully others with vile messages, you bet I'd do something about it.

Maybe let her know that you'll be going to the police and imply that you are doing it to help clear her son's name too. It might make her rethink her stance if she is in fact covering up for him.

I hope you get to the bottom of it, your poor DD

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mod-Degrassi For This Useful Post:

PurpleButterfly4  (28-02-2014),SuperGranny  (28-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would go to the police. And go the school and let them know what's happening and tell them you're going to the police, so that they can sort out the stuff that's happening at school.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to CMF For This Useful Post:

PurpleButterfly4  (28-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sounds like she really knows it's her son but taking the easy way out and making excuses. Yeah I'd approach the school... But tbh I'm not really sure if the police would be interested, they might direct you back to the school. I guess it would depend on the nature of stuff being said. Eta: it certainly can't hurt to approach them though.

I would also be monitoring your dd's online activities and putting on a block on these people if possible.
    Last edited by Little Miss Sunshine; 28-02-2014 at 07:12.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would tell her unless it was dealt with asap I would be contacting the police.
    I hope your DD is ok.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    That is awful! If that was my kid I would certainly want to get to the bottom of it! And if were my kids getting bullied I would want to rip the other kids eyes out! (A little harsh? Haha)

Is the school helping? Go to them first as the police will only tell you to talk to the school anyway. If they don't help then go to the police. That is not ok and it needs to be dealt with!

Hope it all works out.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Wally90 For This Useful Post:

SuperGranny  (28-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks
    I called the police two days ago and asked for their advice. They told me to talk to the mum and try and sort it out....I did. They also told me to go up and tell the School..my dd and I had a meeting with the deputy principle yesterday afternoon and I showed him the screenshots, he asked me to email them to him so he has them on file.....done. She had also been up to the school nurse to talk to her about being bullied and incident reports have been filled out.
    The police said if we can't sort this out then they are happy to go and see this boy and give him a scare....I'm going up to see them thisafternoon.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ozeymumof5 View Post
    Thanks
    I called the police two days ago and asked for their advice. They told me to talk to the mum and try and sort it out....I did. They also told me to go up and tell the School..my dd and I had a meeting with the deputy principle yesterday afternoon and I showed him the screenshots, he asked me to email them to him so he has them on file.....done. She had also been up to the school nurse to talk to her about being bullied and incident reports have been filled out.
    The police said if we can't sort this out then they are happy to go and see this boy and give him a scare....I'm going up to see them thisafternoon.
    I hope the police scare the crap out of him and its the end of it all for your daughter.

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Lincolns mummy For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Sunshine  (28-02-2014),LoveLivesHere  (28-02-2014),ozeymumof5  (28-02-2014),smallpotatoes  (28-02-2014),Wally90  (28-02-2014)