+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    It made her constipation worse. The day after I gave it to her she tried to do a poo and screamed the house down. Didn't want to risk it again. My friend (who put me onto novalac) swears by it though.

Thanks
    Reviews

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Rose&Aurelia View Post
    Highly recommend prune and pear juice 1-3 times a day to unblock and keep bowels unblocked.

wifey of hubby who is always away. mother of two girls who are always amusing.
    Should I mix the pear and prune together in the bottle or do prune one time and pear the next?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was told to dilute the juice with water, 1:1.

Juice seems likely to work better than solids- since starting DS on veg, his poo has become firmer and less frequent (compared to BF-only diet).

Please don't feel guilty about bottle feeding! We all do what we need to, and your bub is well-nourished and cared for.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We had poop problems too, but they became worse at about 4 months when my BM completely failed. We had to start solids too. For the first few months we also had to use the maximum dose of coloxyl 3 times a day, and then weaned down off it as the food started to make more of a difference.
    Pear juice worked well, about 100ml mixed with 100ml of water split into two bottles. This can cause wind, which if things are already blocked can be very painful IYKWIM, so we only did this after things were moving. We also used the glycerol suppositories, which are actually not that bad to use.
    As to the every day stuff, increase the water and the P fruits. Pears, prunes, and fibre. Avoid the ABC (apples, bananas and refined cereals). Other foods that we found helpful was pumpkin, and zucchini, and we added extra water to her purée's. It took a few months before she was eating enough volume to make a difference, and then we reduced the coloxyl. She is now 9 months, and we only have occasional problems, for which we use the suppositories.
    Other helpful things is bicycling legs, anti-colic massage and relaxing baths.

I am sure your pediatrician is also investigating causes, for us it was a lack of nerves in the colon. Hirschsprung's Disease
    I hope you find what works soon.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Lots of water too, my DD is a little backed up with potato and sweet potato so maybe avoid those. You should be able to mix prune and pear juice

Thanks
    Reviews
    Speak to your pediatrician about water, we added some extra to food, but the concern with young babies is that the volume of water displaces milk, and it has no nutrition.