+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I had a much better day pain wise today. It was the dull type of pain so I felt actually almost 'normal'.
    I got new joggers and much better and actually cheaper
    So glad the weekend is here. Get to relax at home tomorrow yay!

Hope you're all doing ok

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by PurpleButterfly4 View Post
    I had a much better day pain wise today. It was the dull type of pain so I felt actually almost 'normal'.
    I got new joggers and much better and actually cheaper
    So glad the weekend is here. Get to relax at home tomorrow yay!

Hope you're all doing ok
    I'm another that hangs out for the weekend. 10 years ago it mean't catching up with friends, taking the kids away, going out for dinner etc....now it's play "catch the baby!" the moment DH walks in the door after work, running around doing as much cleaning, washing and throwing the kids toys in their rooms while DH orders takeaway, and now I'm on here

Saturday means I can catch up on everything, as DH takes DS. But the bit I love most is sleeping in til about 9, taking the meds and then kicking back and reading.
    On a week day I have to very carefully walk with bub to the playmat & put him down, crawl to the kitchen (it's faster & less painful!)take the meds, make a bottle, crawl back to bub and change him. We then go very slowly to the chair, and I feed him. The computer & remote are next to me, as I won't be able to walk around for another 1-2 hrs. Bub has his toys, dummy, rusk etc so has cuddles for that time. It will be interesting as he gets older!

How's everyone travelling? Any one else start dreading this time of year as it gets colder?

oops, forgot to ask @PurpleButterfly4, do you use innersoles or orthotics?
    Last edited by mamaof4; 14-03-2014 at 21:27.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep being a single mum it means I do everything but it's nice to not have to be up at a certain time so early in the morning. I am not a morning person since a long time. The Fibro has made it worst to get up in the mornings as I usually have bad pain. It's harder to get up and moving.
    This morning i have got bad pain in more upper body today so I got up around 7:30 and got my son's brekky and I haven't moved from the lounge since then.

Gosh @ mamaof4 your mornings don't sound great either. Once bub gets more mobile, I'd put in a play pen so at least you know where bub is and you can still sit and rest.
    Luckily you have your DH to help you out and he sounds very understanding. How many children do you have?

Oh and yes I do wear orthotic inner soles. I'm finding my problem at the moment is the ball of my feet (bottom top part), esp my left foot, I'm getting like bruising pain sometimes. So hard to walk in most shoes. Joggers I find the less hurting as they've got shock absorbant in the sole.
    I'm at the age and stage in my illness I don't care how I look, as long as I'm comfy I'm happy. (I still look after myself, just I don't care that joggers don't really go with some outfits)

I so prefer the colder weather than heat. I get really affected by hot weather. I had a few days where I was sick with heat exhaustion. It wasn't nice
    Last edited by PurpleButterfly4; 15-03-2014 at 08:20.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies, I had an awful 2 days! In and out of hospital...
    I started throwing up Thursday night which brought on what i thought was my chronic fatigue full body pain. I went into hospital they put me on a drip and gave me panadol then sent me home.
    The body pain got so bad i couldn't lay down sit or walk as i was to weak, cant take anything because of pregnancy so i went back to hospital to see if there was Anything they could do. The doc laughed when i said i had CF he said don't we all, i started crying! I have 2 kids to look after and no help and now i cant take my strong painkillers to get me through when the pain is to bad i was a mess. He had no compassion
    He looked at me heard my history and said it sounded like i have Fibro aswell (had a feeling i did other doc have told me i was leaning towards it) He said all you can do is take panadole, and see a social worker!
    I can and do cope most of the time but have never had bad flare ups when preg and not been able to take anything for it. Just the stress this week with FOB , and messy house, and my kids, and getting sick got to me i ended up having a panic attack. Now i feel a bit better i know i can cope again i mean what can a social worker do? sigh.
    I am also getting Temps whenever i have a flare up (have been for years) he said this doesn't have anything to do with CS or Fibro and when it happens again come in and get a blood test... Does anyone get Temps during flare ups??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh lots of hugs little Charlie bear. That doesn't sound good. You need to visit your GP and get prescribed pain killers you can have while pregnant.
    You should be able to take panediene. Check with chemist tho.
    I can get the hot and cold shivers when I have a bad flare up. It is awful when those shivers happen. My body is already paining and then add shivers on top I'm shattered afterwards. Then I get hot so sweat but can't leave covers off as I get shivers again. I usually get up and put more clothes on and take nurofen. I really hate when I get that bad

6. The Following User Says Thank You to PurpleButterfly4 For This Useful Post:

Little Charlie Bear  (18-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Subbing to come back to tomorrow

Sent from my HTC One X

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think it might be time to see about getting my meds increased. The last 2 weeks I have had so many bad days, today even breathing has left me in tears, luckily DH is going to come home early to look after the kids (who all have bad colds so the big ones are home) I am someone who hates asking for help so it took a lot to text and ask him. Really hate that my body is like this why can't I just get out of bed with no pain and a spring in my step like a normal person? I feel like crap when I have to ask my 9 year old who is home sick to make her little brothers breakfast! I hate that once again DS2 and I are spending the day on the bed with iPad and Austar! I hate that I feel guilty for all these things and that I can now not stop sobbing which is causing more pain

Thanks
    Reviews
    Has anyone else had a acne outbreak when they have a really bad flare up? DH just asked me because I have had a lot of pimples pop up and told him I was over it. Anyway after he asked if it was linked I thought I would google it and apparently fibro can cause cystic acne. Has anyone else have this problem? What product do you use to help with it?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hugs loodle. It's worth a try re increase your meds. Sounds like you need to.
    I find my face gets a bit worst when I'm in a flare but not acne type. Just a few more pimples.

I'm ****ed off!! My BIL basically had a go at me for me whinging about having fibromyalgia.
    I shared this
    ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1395543577.867634.jpg

BIL comment:
    ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1395543601.042815.jpg

I said to him that I hope that he wasn't having a go at me.

He said
    ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1395543649.248337.jpg

My reply
    ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1395543663.418341.jpg

Grr :x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh that would have upset me to. My family doesn't get it at all, my Mum saw I wasn't right last night and I told her I was having a bad day and her response "so just tired" my husband is the same sometimes, today I haven't been able to walk properly I actually knocked a ceramic dish off the bench because I have been wobbling and his answer "you want me to go get red rooster maybe eating will make you feel better" I just wish I could swap places with them for a day let them experience it and then say the crap they say