+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Hurt and anger

So I'm really struggling with the hurt and anger at now becoming a single parent . I have so many emotions and no idea how to deal with it all . On top of that I just been diagnosed with adult ADD .
    This isn't how life is supposed to be

HugsBunny is offline Once upon a time there was a bunny.........
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    *hugs* do you have family or support nearby?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kind of but no one really understands

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by happygirl1982 View Post
    Kind of but no one really understands
    Hugs

wifey of hubby who is always away. mother of two girls who are always amusing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    *big hugs* I know how you feel, I was there a year ago and still have days where it feels life just isn't fair. Everyone I know are in couples and they just can't understand the challenges of single parents. All you can do is keep going, take one day at a time and do the best you can. We have little people that need us to. Find one person you can talk to, or write your emotions down, go for a run, boxing...anything to get your feelings out, it's worse if you don't deal with them. It's hard and I feel for you but know it does get better, it just takes time. Here if you need to chat or vent

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Macs For This Useful Post:

happygirl1982  (28-02-2014),Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (28-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Rose&Aurelia View Post
    Hugs

wifey of hubby who is always away. mother of two girls who are always amusing.
    Thanks xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    I angry at him , at me and at life . I just want to get to that point where it's all ok .

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by happygirl1982 View Post
    So I'm really struggling with the hurt and anger at now becoming a single parent . I have so many emotions and no idea how to deal with it all . On top of that I just been diagnosed with adult ADD .
    This isn't how life is supposed to be
    I go through periods of complete elation that I am a single parent- I mean, I literally LOVE it! Than there are times, like now where I scream "why me". Usually it coincides with a friend getting married or having babies (and while I'm extreamly happy for them, I'm very sad and angry for myself).

In these down times- I try and remind myself about all the great things in my life and why I'm so incredibly lucky, and I also try and tell myself that this is just a phase and this feeling will pass.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to SimplyMum For This Useful Post:

JAG242  (08-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lots of hugs. It is hard but there are also great times to make up for the hard times.
    Make sure you look after yourself by venting it all out, whether here, with a friend or there's always lifeline and other organizations.

Time does help to heal the wounds and you will get to that time where you're ok. But you will still have crappy times or even days but just take it how it comes. Life likes to do that, so to keep us grounded and know what we should be grateful for (my belief anyways).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SimplyMum View Post
    I go through periods of complete elation that I am a single parent- I mean, I literally LOVE it! Than there are times, like now where I scream "why me". Usually it coincides with a friend getting married or having babies (and while I'm extreamly happy for them, I'm very sad and angry for myself).

In these down times- I try and remind myself about all the great things in my life and why I'm so incredibly lucky, and I also try and tell myself that this is just a phase and this feeling will pass.
    This is me too! Being a single parent is tough for sure, but there are also lots of positives too. It does take awhile to see those though I admit....I'm coming up to 18mths now.

For me it just hurts at family functions where I'm now the only single one....but I know that will change soon.