+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hey, we will have a 6year age gap. Little one isn't here yet, however I have HG and just wanted to say throughout pregnancy DS has been AMAZING... I think it certainly helps that he understands more, is very independent and has been an amazing help throughout pregnancy. He is so excited and already showing such a protective older sibling personality .

2. The Following User Says Thank You to fullofhope For This Useful Post:

Spoodge  (27-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    I like that age gap (4 to 6 years) so much I did 3 times.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to LoveLivesHere For This Useful Post:

Spoodge  (27-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    This has made me feel so much better! Belly-babe will be almost 5 years younger than DS. We didn't plan it that way, as it took us much longer to conceive than anticipated. So I'm so relieved that they can/will be close! DS already tells me he wants to cot in his room, and he'll cuddle the baby in the night if it's sad. I think he'll definitely be protective!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to MissusMac For This Useful Post:

Spoodge  (27-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    We have a 6.5 year gap. DD had been desperate for a sibling but it took 5 long years of TTC for DS to come into being. She was great throughout my pregnancy. DS has had some health issues (surgery at 4 wks and ongoing Reflux) and has been a handful as a result. I honestly don't know how I could've managed with a toddler or preschooler aswell. Now that DS is 8 mths and enjoying being sociable, he ADORES his big sister and DD adores being adored. lol Watching them interact has been my absolute favourite aspect of motherhood the second time around.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Whirligig For This Useful Post:

Spoodge  (27-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    This has been great to read we will have a 4.5yr ago gap. DS is 4 and iam currently 20wks he talk to my belly and kusses it good night every night. I hope this love and affection continues when bub arrives.
    There was a 5.5yr gap between my brother and I (me older) and we fought like crazy at about 12 and 7 but we are very close now

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

10. The Following User Says Thank You to donza28 For This Useful Post:

Spoodge  (27-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I want a 5 yr gap minimum between children.

My closest sister and I have a 5 year age gap and are closest in our family even though we have the biggest gap

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Zeddie For This Useful Post:

Spoodge  (27-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We have a 7yr gap between DS & DD. I too was worried about how it would work. But now I couldn't imagine it any other way. DD thinks her brother is the best thing since sliced bread she laughs and smiles so much for him. He is a really lovely help and likes to play with his sister as well as really feels compassion for her if she is a bit sooky or needs an extra cuddle.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to MadeWithLove For This Useful Post:

Spoodge  (27-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you ladies.... Makes me feel much better about the gap. Also fullofhope - sorry to hear of your hg - although it makes me feel better we did wait this bit longer.