Closed Thread
Page 91 of 105 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293101 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by misti View Post
    Morning all,

Hope your Easter is going well.

I had a nightmare yesterday. After a day of no symptoms, to the point that I was googling "5w4d and no symptoms" (which by the was is a very stupid thing to do, I don't recommend it), I started getting painful cramps and spotting, bright red at about 7pm (of course it has to happen on a public holiday!). The only other times I've ever spotted were at 11wks in 2006 and at 4.5 ish weeks last yr both of which ended in miscarriage and both on my birthday.

I called FS's after hours number and my lovely FS himself called me back and said to increase my progesterone and come in at 6:10 this morning for a scan. I had the scan today (I'm only 5w5d) and saw a sack, a yolk sack and a possible slight flicker of a heart beat (too early to say for sure), there were also two blood vessels that had burst and were likely "oozing" and causing the bleed. I'm hoping the fact that the blood vessels were a little way away from the sack is a good thing? I'm now on bed rest until thurs when I go in for a follow up scan (hopefully we will see a clear heart beat then?) and I'm supposed to take 1/2 Valium 3-4 times a day until then to "relax my uterus" and stop the cramping.
    I'm trying very hard not to freak out but it's hard to stay positive after our terrible history. Anyway, there's nothing I can do about it and worrying isn't going to change anything, so me and my box of Valium are off to bed.

Nite.
    Happy easter ladies! @misti, im so sorry for your scare. How are you feeling now? Has the bleeding stopped?? @Bellydance, welcome! We were cycling together :-) glad to see you here.

Afm, 6+5 and now feeling really really nauseous. Havent vomited, but have been taking maxalon so maybe thats why (cant really vomit on patients).
    I hope everyone has been having a wonderful easter and resting/relaxing! Ive worked all easter. Boo!

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Megsarama26 For This Useful Post:

Bellydance  (20-04-2014),misti  (20-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all,

I hope you are all enjoying your chockies!

Thanks again for your well wishes, I'm doing ok. The bleeding has settled down a lot (the dr put me on cyclokapron to try and stop it) so now it's just pink residue from the 4 prog pessaries I'm on a day (blah) rather than bright red blood. I am still v worried that it's all over, my bb's seem to have shrunk and I didn't need to get up last night to pee. I am definitely going to have another BT tues morning to make sure my hcg isn't decreasing. If it's all over I'd rather know sooner than later. But in the meantime it's just a matter of waiting. DH is taking it hard which is upsetting but if the news is bad we've been here before and got through it , I think we both just really thought this was our time and now we feel a little silly bc we probably should know better.
    Anyway, luckily for me I'm doing some extra study at the moment so at least I can finally read my course notes while I'm confined to the bedroom.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Misti, sorry to hear you're feeling that way - keep positive love. I know it's hard, but don't give up.

Hello to everyone else. I'm finding it hard to keep up with everyone in here!
    Not much to report from me - still fairly symptomless... just sore bb's mostly. 6 weeks tomorrow so I'm expecting a little more symptom action in the next week or so.

Just wondering if the Melb girls could advise which OB they are booked with? I originally was going to go with Amber Moore, but am having second thoughts now as not only is she one of the most expensive, but she is also going on leave on the 15th Dec and I'm due somewhere between 14th and 17th so she potentially won't even be available on the day.

I was thinking of switching to David O'Callaghan if I can get in ... has anyone had any experience with him? I've done the paperwork for St Vincents so would like to deliver there.

Em x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Molros & @megsarama it's nice to see some familiar faces in here from when we were cycling. @Molros I always appreciated the way you stuck around even after getting your bfp.
    @emski72 My best friend had her baby with David at StVs andI think she was really happy with him. I have him as one of my people to ring and enquire about. I think I will probably go to either StVs (it's where I was born so like the link) or Freemasons or possibly Cabrini so will be investigating people that deliver there. I'll be interested to hear what you find out about Obs, can you pass it on?
    We might even end up in St Vs at the same time!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi lovelies!! Congrats to everyone!! Hope you're happy if i join?

I'm a little apprehensive about joining yet as I haven't even had beta yet!! BT is tomorrow ( which will be10dp5dt) and I've only done one poas at 6dp5dt which was pretty dark. Too scared to do another. It was a double fet transfer and no triggers/boosters ect. But I'm full of Symptoms!! I'd only be 4 weeks today but Omg I'm fatigued, can't walk for long without wanting to sit, craving hungry jacks like no tomorrow (I hardly eat junk), don't want sweets, thirsty, peeing heaps, cardiovascular system is going crazy with increased heart rate, bloated, nausea on some cooking smells. My excessive Symptoms are making me feel good.... but I'm still crapping myself with fear about beta tomorrow. I finally feel so knowledgeable about ivf info up to the 2ww, but I have no idea about anything after a bfp... I'm so lost. Please help. What do you all think?? Is there still a chance for chemical, what if my numbers are too high? Please don't worry about providing me with scary info, I will just appreciate your knowledge. I think I'll feel better the more I learn.

Looking forward to reading this thread and meeting you all and catching up with those from previous threads!
    xx
    Last edited by BaoLovesLudo; 20-04-2014 at 16:34.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thankyou @emski72 for your post in the lynn thread, I thought I'd come over here too. Did you get these symptoms at 4weeks?
    Last edited by BaoLovesLudo; 20-04-2014 at 16:31.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Hi Bao! Stop freaking out! Re chemical your hpts would get lighter not darker, are you still testing?
    If you're on crinone it will make some symptoms worse too... you'll get surges of hormones every now and again and your symptoms will seem worse on those days and may not seem so bad on other days, everyone is different. But theres lot going on in the first couple of weeks. I had cramping and a little bleeding, sore boobs, insomnia then couldn't keep my eyes open, flushed face, very irritable with DH etc. But most of that has evened out for the moment.

You'll have one BT tomorrow and get your initial hcg number, then you want to see it double in 48 hrs, you'll have your second bt on Wed. If its doubling, its all looking good.

I hope that helps? I always thought getting your first bfp after ivf was like reaching the new level on a computer game... a whole new world of adventures and worries are revealed.
    Em xx

Sent from my GT-P5110

9. The Following User Says Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

BaoLovesLudo  (20-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hahahaha thanks so much Emski, you just made me smile.

Thanks
    Reviews
    hi ladies!

Welcome to the newbies! @emski I like your computer game analogy! I would have given up on the game long ago though, had it bought me this much frustration, ill feeling and worry!

So good news…. Im almost 10 weeks and can finally keep my food down! I haven't thrown up for days….and because I have lost so much weight over the last couple of weeks (i.e. 6 kilos!) I have been having all sorts of naughty food…croissants for breakfast…sometimes for lunch as well…hehe..few easter eggs here and there…GUILT FREE!

Very, very tired though….Some days I get up have break and am ready for a nap again an hour later. Fortunately Im on day 3 of a ten day holiday so I've got seven more blissful days of doing nothing ahead! Couldn't have happened at a better time too…..i really needed the break

Hope you a re all having a good easter break as well and those nasty symptoms are kept at bay….

Thanks
    Reviews
    @emski72 I haven't heard of David O'Callaghan but I was almost going to book St Vincent's.
    We ended up going with Dennis Price and Cabrini. He is pretty fair with his prices and was really lovely during the first appointment. Gave me heaps of info and went through a lot so I felt really good!