Closed Thread
Page 89 of 105 FirstFirst ... 3979878889909199 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Morning all,

Hope your Easter is going well.

I had a nightmare yesterday. After a day of no symptoms, to the point that I was googling "5w4d and no symptoms" (which by the was is a very stupid thing to do, I don't recommend it), I started getting painful cramps and spotting, bright red at about 7pm (of course it has to happen on a public holiday!). The only other times I've ever spotted were at 11wks in 2006 and at 4.5 ish weeks last yr both of which ended in miscarriage and both on my birthday.

I called FS's after hours number and my lovely FS himself called me back and said to increase my progesterone and come in at 6:10 this morning for a scan. I had the scan today (I'm only 5w5d) and saw a sack, a yolk sack and a possible slight flicker of a heart beat (too early to say for sure), there were also two blood vessels that had burst and were likely "oozing" and causing the bleed. I'm hoping the fact that the blood vessels were a little way away from the sack is a good thing? I'm now on bed rest until thurs when I go in for a follow up scan (hopefully we will see a clear heart beat then?) and I'm supposed to take 1/2 Valium 3-4 times a day until then to "relax my uterus" and stop the cramping.
    I'm trying very hard not to freak out but it's hard to stay positive after our terrible history. Anyway, there's nothing I can do about it and worrying isn't going to change anything, so me and my box of Valium are off to bed.

Nite.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @misti - oh my lord misti, I'm so sorry! What a horrible thing! Bleeding is always the scariest thing to happen during a pregnancy, and you feel so powerless and confused.

But thank god your FS called you back straight away and saw you ASAP, that comfort that the baby is at the stage of growth that it should be AND they found the source of the bleeding!!

Do nothing but rest, hopefully all that red blood will turn brown then nothing!!!

Thinking of you xx

3. The Following User Says Thank You to frenchy81 For This Useful Post:

misti  (19-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @misti so sorry for your scare. How good to see that ultrasound though, that sounds just right for 5w4d. Rest up over Easter and hopefully the bleeding settles.
    Also anyone without symptoms think positive! I didn't have any til 7weeks then ended up getting a lot of sickness, still have some now! My SIL had NO symptoms at all and she's 20 weeks now with a little girl. I know it's hard though after everything you've gone through. Will be thinking of you.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Flower78 For This Useful Post:

misti  (19-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    so me and my box of Valium are off to bed.

Nite.[/QUOTE]

Misti, so sorry to hear you're going through this. Your FS sounds great, I hope the time passes quickly until your scan. Watch lots of funny movies
    Em xx

Sent from my GT-P5110

7. The Following User Says Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

misti  (19-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @misti - sorry to hear about your scare - glad they found the source of the bleed. I only started to really get symptoms from week 6 onwards - Rest up and watch lots of feel good movies - am thinking of you .

Sent from my iPad using The Bub Hub mobile app

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Rarah11 For This Useful Post:

misti  (19-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @misti sorry to hear about your scare, glad that your FS worked so quickly to find the source of the bleed! Try and relax as much as you can and I know it's hard but try to avoid dr google.
    Only symptoms I had in the first few weeks were bigger boobs and an aversion to some foods and now I'm 15 weeks. It's different for every person :-)

11. The Following User Says Thank You to ELM13 For This Useful Post:

misti  (19-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies, it's so nice to be able to share the scary times with people who get it.

I just got a call to say today's beta was 7,163, it was 4,163 on Wednesday so the rate of increase has slowed right down to over 90hours doubling time. It had been increasing at an "average" rate according to the beta calculator and now it's "below average" Please hang in there little emby

Thanks
    Reviews
    @misti so scary hope that Valium is working to calm everything down! Sending prayers and thoughts your way and hoping your little emby will stay where it's meant to and that you get some positive news soon! xoxo

14. The Following User Says Thank You to hopeforlife For This Useful Post:

misti  (19-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @misti so sorry to hear about your scare hopefully the bleeding will pass and next week you'll see a beautiful heartbeat. Rest up and take care x

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Hopeful4Bub2 For This Useful Post:

misti  (19-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by misti View Post
    Morning all,

Hope your Easter is going well.

I had a nightmare yesterday. After a day of no symptoms, to the point that I was googling "5w4d and no symptoms" (which by the was is a very stupid thing to do, I don't recommend it), I started getting painful cramps and spotting, bright red at about 7pm (of course it has to happen on a public holiday!). The only other times I've ever spotted were at 11wks in 2006 and at 4.5 ish weeks last yr both of which ended in miscarriage and both on my birthday.

I called FS's after hours number and my lovely FS himself called me back and said to increase my progesterone and come in at 6:10 this morning for a scan. I had the scan today (I'm only 5w5d) and saw a sack, a yolk sack and a possible slight flicker of a heart beat (too early to say for sure), there were also two blood vessels that had burst and were likely "oozing" and causing the bleed. I'm hoping the fact that the blood vessels were a little way away from the sack is a good thing? I'm now on bed rest until thurs when I go in for a follow up scan (hopefully we will see a clear heart beat then?) and I'm supposed to take 1/2 Valium 3-4 times a day until then to "relax my uterus" and stop the cramping.
    I'm trying very hard not to freak out but it's hard to stay positive after our terrible history. Anyway, there's nothing I can do about it and worrying isn't going to change anything, so me and my box of Valium are off to bed.

Nite.
    That would have been scary sorry to hear that but if it makes you feel any better I had something very similar last week I had an ultrasound and they found a tiny spot of bleeding not near the baby though it was about 1cm and I had spotting all afternoon then it went away I haven't had it since touch wood !
    And I'm almost 10 weeks
    Good luck I hope yours stops like mine did x

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Amandale1727 For This Useful Post:

misti  (19-04-2014)