Closed Thread
Page 87 of 105 FirstFirst ... 3777858687888997 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Verifi Info. In hindsight I would loved to have known we could have done this like @Rarah our last loss has us petrified.

You can have it done if your NT comes back high risk rather than CVS or Amino.
    http://www.clinpath.com.au/media/806...sting_info.pdf

Verinata Health (Verifi): $800/test (Clinipath, West Perth laboratory)
    BGI/INEX (iGene): $850/test (Western Diagnostic Pathology, Myaree laboratory)
    Ariosa (Harmony): $495/test (PathWest, Nedlands laboratory)
    Last edited by Wishnhope; 17-04-2014 at 09:23.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wishnhope For This Useful Post:

frenchy81  (17-04-2014),rj85  (21-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by hopeforlife View Post
    Thanks bows, hopeful and kymbo! I'm going to hunt around for a reputable one in melbourne and get myself sorted

Confirmed my hospital today! Have my first appointment there in 4 weeks to discuss classes etc.
    Also booked in my 12 week scan for 2 weeks time
    Then spent the day inside battling nausea. My gp gave me a script for Zofran which I think I might try tomorrow, I've heard it's pretty expensive though!
    Zofran is awesome! The nurse gave me one after my egg pick up as I was naseous and dry wretching. It works instantly.
    Have you had Maxalon? It's cheaper, though does take half an hour to work. My GF had this all through her first trimester due to severe MS.

AFM: Looking forward to the end of today. My boss may be in at some point today fresh off his holidays... hoping he doesn't **** me off else he's gonna cop it over the breach of privacy!!! his wife makes him go home to help her prepare for tomorrow as they are having guests, rather than hanging around here and making my day miserable!

Then tomorrow, one of my best friends is coming up from Sydney for the weekend with her little boy! Can't wait!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Bow Ties Are Cool For This Useful Post:

hopeforlife  (17-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I asked my OB about doing the Verifi test at 10 weeks. She said no need as you can do it after the NT scan. I think it's only good for moderate risk though, as it only tests 13,18,21 and optional add on of sex chromosomes. After my NT it wasn't an option due to taking 10 days and it doesn't test the other chromosomes that I am waiting for results now. I kind of wish I had done it to save some of that major stress waiting for the first results but probably still would have needed the cvs anyway.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I did that test as the OB said it can be done earlier rather than later and the results came back low risk which was then backed up with the NT scan. Was only 10 days to get the results but was still a wait. I thought it was worth the money.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies just got my 2nd lot of blood results back 5599 @ 5+1, still have an anxious wait for my scan in 2 weeks, but for now I'm finally believing that I may actually be pregnant & that I wouldn't be an imposter if I joined in here :-)
    due December 17th.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Mrs Hopeful For This Useful Post:

Hopeful4Bub2  (17-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Mrs Hopeful - congrats - good numbers! i know how you feel - I have my 7 week scan Wednesday and am counting down the days...

I will ask about the verifi test when I book my obstetrician appointment - another think to investigate... Will leave that til after the scan
    Last edited by Rarah11; 17-04-2014 at 15:59.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Rarah11 For This Useful Post:

Mrs Hopeful  (17-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Mrs Hopeful welcome and congrats I recognise you from the other thread!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Molros For This Useful Post:

Mrs Hopeful  (17-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies. got my 12 week results today and we are low risk thank god. The midwife said the strangest thing to me, I still havnt HEARD the heartbeat so was really hoping I would today and she told me its to early!?!?! I'm almost 14 weeks! I would love to get my hands on one of those machines so I could hear it whenever I like, I'm going to be 18 weeks before I hear it! Stupid to complain I know but still...
    Its so great to see some great test results with you all and I think I need to start looking at prams. I haven't bought a thing yet

Thanks
    Reviews
    Goodness this thread moves so fast! Congrats @Flower78, what wonderful news! I'm so happy for you... You must've been terrified, I can only imagine what you went through...
    Congrats to everyone who have gotten their betas and to everyone that's had their scans. I had my 8 week scan today and I have been referred onto an OB! I'm so looking forward to my first antenatal appointment! No more FS... Well until I go back for number 2 lol... Was so awesome seeing my bubs heartbeat again, I don't think I will ever get bored of seeing it!
    Have a great Easter ladies and put your feet up xo

Thanks
    Reviews
    @hopeforlife & @GStef, I hope you are both feeling better, @hopeforlife did the zofran help?

@Bow Ties Are Cool fingers crossed your boss behaved himself?

@Mrs Hopeful welcome & congrats, we're only a day apart! That's a great beta, how many embies did you put back?

@totalkaos, no idea about the heartbeat but I'd be interested to know the answer, congrats on the scan. I'm waiting till after 12 weeks before I buy stuff as well. I'm probably being over cautious but it's been a long 12 years to get here.

Thanks for the info about the verifi test I think I'll get it if it's on offer, I'll ask my ob about it next week. I've started feeling a bit queasy over the last few days and no doubt I'll regret saying this but I'm loving the reassurance that feeling blah is giving me at the moment.
    Have lovely Easter everyone.

misti

16. The Following User Says Thank You to misti For This Useful Post:

totalkaos  (17-04-2014)