Closed Thread
Page 78 of 105 FirstFirst ... 2868767778798088 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    @hposs - congratulations and I hope it's smooth sailing from here on.
    @Amandale1727- thank god bub is ok and the bleeding is small. Let's hope it goes away soon, I can't imagine how scary that would have been for you.
    @Sparklemonkey- yeah to NT results!

AFM - had our NT today and the results were good, low chance...and bub was moving and kicking like crazy, so I'm so so happy. Fetal HB was about 151bpm, measured at 12w3d, so a day behind but all is fine.

NOW the big news is....that experience was the most surreal experience for me! It started with, we did our NT scan at the imaging place at the private hospital we're booked into for the birth. The radiographer came and and practically screamed out my name and asked how things are going. I vaguely remembered her from IVFA as a nurse at another clinic. She has now changed jobs, so I updated her with my news.

THEN whilst she was doing the scan, I remembered that she was preggers in April last year when I did a failed cycle....so we chit chatted about that. And as the scan was coming to an end, she says to me, "are you going to find out the sex of the baby?". We both said "yes"....then I asked her why, can u see it? She replied that she saw it earlier(when she was doing legs etc). So she moves the thing over my tummy to show where the bits were, and as the whole scan was in front if me on a 52inch plasma, before she could say anything, I saw the BITS! As I have had a boy and a girl, I knew what those bits on the screen meant, so I said, "it's a boy isn't it?" She said, "yes it's a boy- it's only an educated guess". But I have never seen baby bits more clearly than this baby's bits, the angle was just right, and he was at the right position.

So there you have it, WE'RE HAVING A BOY!!!!!

THEN if that wasn't enough excitement, the lady that delivered us the news on the blood test, scan and risk based on my age as well.....was the registered head nurse that delivered my firstborn DD over 5 years ago (at same hospital). What a day of coincidences, luck and unexpected good news!!!!
    @ELM13- do you want to update the roll call with sex of bub ??? ( or unknown for those not wanting to know).

Attached below is photo of bubs with one of his hands near his face....so so in love!!! (And now really really excited!!! I finally feel pregnant now!!)

Thanks
    Reviews

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Wonderful news @frenchy81 !!! First boy of the group!!
    My bestie got the news of the sex at her 12 weeks scan too. I do hope we are that lucky- seems to depend on your technician??

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Wishnhope - I have never known the sex of bubs until the 19w scans! So yeah I think its the skill of the technician, and bubs. If he/she is not in the right spot, it's very hard to see even at the 19w scan. I'm soooo excited, I had no idea I was going to find out today!!!!!

The boy bits were so obvious! Lol daddy was very proud!

Good luck at yours!!! Not long to go!
    Last edited by frenchy81; 14-04-2014 at 19:47.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by frenchy81 View Post
    @hposs - congratulations and I hope it's smooth sailing from here on.
    @Amandale1727- thank god bub is ok and the bleeding is small. Let's hope it goes away soon, I can't imagine how scary that would have been for you.
    @Sparklemonkey- yeah to NT results!

AFM - had our NT today and the results were good, low chance...and bub was moving and kicking like crazy, so I'm so so happy. Fetal HB was about 151bpm, measured at 12w3d, so a day behind but all is fine.

NOW the big news is....that experience was the most surreal experience for me! It started with, we did our NT scan at the imaging place at the private hospital we're booked into for the birth. The radiographer came and and practically screamed out my name and asked how things are going. I vaguely remembered her from IVFA as a nurse at another clinic. She has now changed jobs, so I updated her with my news.

THEN whilst she was doing the scan, I remembered that she was preggers in April last year when I did a failed cycle....so we chit chatted about that. And as the scan was coming to an end, she says to me, "are you going to find out the sex of the baby?". We both said "yes"....then I asked her why, can u see it? She replied that she saw it earlier(when she was doing legs etc). So she moves the thing over my tummy to show where the bits were, and as the whole scan was in front if me on a 52inch plasma, before she could say anything, I saw the BITS! As I have had a boy and a girl, I knew what those bits on the screen meant, so I said, "it's a boy isn't it?" She said, "yes it's a boy- it's only an educated guess". But I have never seen baby bits more clearly than this baby's bits, the angle was just right, and he was at the right position.

So there you have it, WE'RE HAVING A BOY!!!!!

THEN if that wasn't enough excitement, the lady that delivered us the news on the blood test, scan and risk based on my age as well.....was the registered head nurse that delivered my firstborn DD over 5 years ago (at same hospital). What a day of coincidences, luck and unexpected good news!!!!
    @ELM13- do you want to update the roll call with sex of bub ??? ( or unknown for those not wanting to know).

Attached below is photo of bubs with one of his hands near his face....so so in love!!! (And now really really excited!!! I finally feel pregnant now!!)
    How exciting congratulations ! Now you can do some boy shopping

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Amandale1727 For This Useful Post:

frenchy81  (14-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats frenchy!!!! How soooo exciting!! That's so early to find out wow!! Yay a little man!! I'm so happy for you!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to totalkaos For This Useful Post:

frenchy81  (14-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls!! Still spotting but had scan today 10w2d baby is going strong and heartbeat strong!!

Ps. For a funny moment, I've had such a loss of appetite (my version if morning sickness) that my husband is watching Man vs Food.... I keep gagging!!!!! Just looking at the food makes me want to Puke!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by GStef View Post
    Hi girls!! Still spotting but had scan today 10w2d baby is going strong and heartbeat strong!!

Ps. For a funny moment, I've had such a loss of appetite (my version if morning sickness) that my husband is watching Man vs Food.... I keep gagging!!!!! Just looking at the food makes me want to Puke!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub app
    Hi GStef iv had some spotting too a tiny amount of bright red blood all afternoon iv been to the hospital baby is still healthy but they found the spot it was coming from which was scary
    Is yours dark or bright ?
    it's really scary but I'm beginning to see its quite normal hope yours starts settling down soon but just thought I'd let you know you aren't alone

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Amandale1727 For This Useful Post:

Lashed  (24-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    @frenchy81 so glad to hear you had such a positive day x

Sent from my GT-P5110 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    thanks @emski72 - i can't believe it! Im pregnant and the baby is OK! I think I'm still in a haze of shock....i half expected someone to tell me some bad news.

hope you're travelling well...