Closed Thread
Page 57 of 105 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    @olismumma - OMG you might have had triplets?? 2 in one sac, and another in another sac?

Could this be the reason why you had a bit of bleeding before?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @olismumma, I really hate this IVF journey, even through pregnancy we never really "let go" that something will go wrong.

I cannot imagine the emotions you're feeling now. I had a thought the other day, we IVF ladies live our lives by our next appt dates. First it was the dates for BT or scans, now it's to the next date we have our ob/midwife/hospital appts so we can that bubs is ok. In a way, we never fully relax as we are so sure bad news is only around the next corner...,it's sad. That's why most ladies who fall pregnant naturally can never fully understand all our emotions and anxieties.

FX that your bub is ok and remains strong til the end.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to frenchy81 For This Useful Post:

Hopeful4Bub2  (07-04-2014),olismumma  (07-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ellenbun View Post
    Thank you for the advice!!
    Do you do like hand weights at home, or go to the gym? I have an old set of hand weights in the garage somewhere ... might have to dig them out!

My problem is I'm finding it hard to be motivated to do anything since I feel so tired all the time. Any one else have this problem, or suggetions on how to help?
    One idea I had was to play music that gets me pumped up, and to find a way to exercise at home (I usually go to the gym, but that seems to involve a lot of effort!). Feeling motivated after talking to you girlies though <3 @Hopeful4Bub2 -- sorry if this is too personal: how hard was it to lose the weight after your first son?
    @ellenbun
    i try get to the gym about 4 times a week, combination of low weights and cardio (treadmill or bike). My motivation is not wanting to get as big as I was with my son.... But really important to listen to your body, if your body is tired don't push it.... You won't be tired forever, after the first 12 weeks with my son I got a second wind and off I went!
    If you've got some hand weights at home there are so many different exercises you can do to keep your arms toned etc
    if you feel more comfortable at home you could always get some pregnancy exercise DVDs or pregnancy Pilates or yoga! Good luck

I was a bit lazy when I had my son and I never got my pre baby body back, I lost majority of the weight (but I was slightly underweight when I fell pregnant with him) and I proudly sport my slightly saggy tummy that never went back!
    Last edited by Hopeful4Bub2; 07-04-2014 at 19:27.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by frenchy81 View Post
    @olismumma, I really hate this IVF journey, even through pregnancy we never really "let go" that something will go wrong.

I cannot imagine the emotions you're feeling now. I had a thought the other day, we IVF ladies live our lives by our next appt dates. First it was the dates for BT or scans, now it's to the next date we have our ob/midwife/hospital appts so we can that bubs is ok. In a way, we never fully relax as we are so sure bad news is only around the next corner...,it's sad. That's why most ladies who fall pregnant naturally can never fully understand all our emotions and anxieties.

FX that your bub is ok and remains strong til the end.
    You are exactly right! I wont relax until I hold this baby in my arms. I was the same when pregnant with dd
    They're was definitely nothing in the 2nd sac and I wasnt told much. Maybe they didnt want me to cry more. Fs thought I may have ovulated naturally though 2nd scan showed I didnt
    I was wondering about the bleed they think lo heartbeat stopped in the last week and bleed was at 5w1d

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Molros View Post
    Its so hard waiting isn't it! I think I've only known for three weeks and I still have another five its going so slllooowwwllllyyyyy!
    Im trying to watch what I eat but Im only 5'2 so I reckon my bump will show quite early....hopefully not be too noticeable before 12 weeks as we're not telling before then!
    Its weird not having many symptoms isn't it, its almost like it'd be reassuring to feel ill but Im sure everyone with bad MS would disagree! I find the period like pains the worst, I have to remind myself its not my period coming!
    yep time is definitely slowing down!!!! The 2 week wait between egg transfer and blood test was excruciating.. And now the wait til ultrasound and then 12 week mark! But best to be positive and to remember sooooo many woman have no idea they are pregnant when we all found out, so no symptoms is normal

im only a shorty too so very much trying to eat well with some moderate exercise!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @olismumma I'm so sorry to hear your sad news. To get such a shock that it was twins and then to lose one would be so upsetting I can only imagine. My heart goes out to you and I'm praying the remaining one stays strong.

Its so true that we IVF ladies are more negative than most. I think we are just so used to bad news it's just so hard to accept the good news. I find it hard because my mum knows and is so excited and gets mad at me for not being more excited but I'm just still scared something will happen.
    @ellenbun welcome! I also lost a bit of weight before my FET I was going to the gym 6 days a week and got quite fit. I have put on a bit of weight too and am finding it so hard! I haven't been exercising at all since my transfer but I really want to get back into it. I don't think I will go back to pump or running though, might just try to keep it low impact like swimming and Pilates. I've been too tired to do anything yet though! It's hard when you're used to doing so much. I wasn't eating many carbs before but now I'm so hungry I've been eating a lot!!

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Willowglen For This Useful Post:

Hopeful4Bub2  (08-04-2014),olismumma  (07-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I will be 8 weeks tomorrow and I booked my antenatal appointment today very exciting !

Also iv been craving cake big time I was dreaming about cake last night lol

In relation to the questions about weight gain iv defiantly gained some weight already and trying to slow it down now :s I'm starting back at the gym this week only down fall is iv caught a cold so trying to keep my temperature down,
    its so chilly at the moment !!

Congrats to all those who have made it to 12 weeks and to everyone in the same boat as me we will get there !! I find it goes quicker if you count the day you go up each week for example I go up a week every Tuesday so after the week end I'm like yay almost 8 weeks and so on It's really helped me to look at it like that anyway

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by frenchy81 View Post

Good news today, received letter from the hospital confirming hospital booking! Yeah so excited now!
    I got mine today too!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Molros I forgot to congratulate you on your scan!! It's so exciting to see that little heartbeat going! Glad all is well with your bub.

Also so I meant to ask you ladies what vitamin (if any) are you taking? I have been taking elevit and am almost out and I would love to find a cheaper alternative because the cost of the progesterone pessaries alone is killing me! Any recs would be greatly appreciated.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Willowglen For This Useful Post:

Molros  (08-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies... Don't panic about your weight gain! It could be worse, you could be suffering with the worst morning sickness in the world and have lost four kilos since you got pregnant (I.e....me!). I can't even look at food without heaving, Believe me, I would much rather put on a few extra than this.

I've ended up having to tell my boss cause my attendance at work is so shocking (I think I've only managed three full days work in the last two weeks, thankfully he is very understanding and the girl I sit next to (my boss' EA) is so caring and considerate and keeps buying me food to try and find something I can keep down). I'm very lucky to be surrounded by lovely people.... Hopefully he doesn't go announcing my pregnancy at a board meeting!! (Bow ties, I can I imagine how horrified you were!!)

As for exercise, your aspirations are all very admirable.... It's not even on my radar......

8wks tomorrow...bring on the second trimester so this awful all day sickness goes away!

Ps. Don't want to sound whingey...am still very grateful to be here in this predicament!