Closed Thread
Page 56 of 105 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Megsarama26 View Post

Afm - woke up feeling aweful. Went to the gp and turns out I have tonsillitis for the first time in my life! And a coldsore started coming this afternoon... argh! Im nervous cause I know a fever can be dangerous to a developing baby in the early stages. So im hoping I have a tough little bean on board. I did my beta at work yesterday (14dp5dt) and it was 2260. So im thinking thats not too bad.
    Thanks for the welcome! So sorry to hear you are sick! I think being pregnant lowers your immunity. Plus if you're like me you feel run-down anyway! Tonsilitis sounds awful -- hope you get well soon hon

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopeful4Bub2 View Post
    @ellenbun - firstly welcome! I've always been fairly thin....and with my first born son I put on close to 23kgs! Second time round I def don't want to do that so I've been researching lots of things about exercising etc. They say exercise is great in pregnancy, just make sure you keep your fluids up and don't get your core temperature up (especially in the first trimester), try not to engage in anything where you could get hurt (contact sports, bike riding - in case you fall)... I want to do weights coz I don't want flabby arms and I'm told low kgs with high repetitions is fine. Listen to your body and don't go too hard
    All the best!
    Thank you for the advice!!
    Do you do like hand weights at home, or go to the gym? I have an old set of hand weights in the garage somewhere ... might have to dig them out!

My problem is I'm finding it hard to be motivated to do anything since I feel so tired all the time. Any one else have this problem, or suggetions on how to help?
    One idea I had was to play music that gets me pumped up, and to find a way to exercise at home (I usually go to the gym, but that seems to involve a lot of effort!). Feeling motivated after talking to you girlies though <3 @Hopeful4Bub2 -- sorry if this is too personal: how hard was it to lose the weight after your first son?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi everyone, just had my 7 week scan!! Oh my god it was amazing! There is a heartbeat and it is 150 beats per minute. Its the best thing I have ever seen

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Molros For This Useful Post:

Hopeful4Bub2  (07-04-2014),olismumma  (07-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @olismumma. My heart goes out to you. What an awful experience, I can only imagine the rollercoaster of emotions finding out its twins then one having no heartbeat. I can only imagine. I know it's no consolation but apparently lôsing a twin is quite common in early pregnancy. Given you are so sure they were identical I'm guessing they were both in the same sac? I think that's the highest possible risk for twins. ( and I've been doing a lot of reading about it lately!!)

Thinking of you...

6. The Following User Says Thank You to 90Bayside For This Useful Post:

olismumma  (07-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Molros - sounds amazing!!! Can't wait to see mine on wednesday!!!
    @olismumma - take time to recoup. such news to take in, absorb and get through can only be dealt with, with time, patience and love.

AFM - finally starting to not be so angry about the boss. It's done now and not much I can do about it. I will still have a word to him once he returns from holidays.

I think my mood has lifted with the help of two of my friends. They are absolutely ecstatic I am pregnant and have been snapping up bargains for me. One picked up a Bumbo seat for $10 (and a few other things I think...) then today she grabbed a bassinette for $20 from a friend of hers.

Another one is bringing me another pram - I already have two, so a third will come in handy for the inlaws or something.

My brother brought over the cot and porta cot for me on Saturday. DH is going to rub it back and restain it a nice dark colour. can't wait!!!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Bow Ties Are Cool For This Useful Post:

olismumma  (07-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ellenbun View Post

My problem is I'm finding it hard to be motivated to do anything since I feel so tired all the time. Any one else have this problem, or suggetions on how to help?
    One idea I had was to play music that gets me pumped up, and to find a way to exercise at home (I usually go to the gym, but that seems to involve a lot of effort!). Feeling motivated after talking to you girlies though
    If anyone has any tips Id love to hear them! As from what I can find googling, it just says to rest and take it easy as often as needed nothing about what you can do to counteract it!!
    As for working out at home. Tins of food work well as light weights and again you can google home workouts for various things to do. I have a stationery bike that works wonders (when I can be bothered) in front of the TV!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Wishnhope For This Useful Post:

Hopeful4Bub2  (07-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Bow Ties Are Cool I would be so angry too!! Like you said though, what's done is done unfortunately and you can't change that. @ellenbun welcome and congrats! Do you know your EDD yet? Once you find out, let me know and I'll add you to the roll call on page 1 @olismumma I'm so so sorry @Helsbaby I used a hair tie today for my jeans - looped it through the button hole and around the button and it worked a treat! I wear long singlets at work no one could see it. Going to try to avoid buying maternity clothes if I can as well. I like wearing those harem pants to work, stretchy around the waist and so comfy! I work in a childcare centre - they may not be ideal for an office though. @Megsarama26 oh no! Hope you feel better soon! @Molros yay! Perfect little hb

AFM - I'm almost 14 weeks and counting down to the next scan, starting to get a little belly we have told all our family, friends and everyone at work now. Still doesn't feel real!!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to ELM13 For This Useful Post:

olismumma  (07-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I love how a few of you ladies are motivated to keep fit, I wish I could! I haves gained about 25kgs with each of my previous pregnancies and I'm also 5'2" and normally about 48kg. So this extra weight gain is a lot! At the moment, have gained about 7kg. I also have tearing in my pelvic bones which has already started to play up, so exercising is out for me as everyday walking or walking up and down stairs at home is an effort!

I found that all that extra weight gain gave me heaps of stretch marks... I also think with my last pregnancy I was closer to gaining 30kgs than 25kgs as I stopped weighing myself at about 35w.

But I lost the weight with no exercise within 6mths during 1st pregnancy, and after 9mths with 2nd pregnancy. I guess it was the 4 hourly feeds and other household chores that got the weight off.

Congrats on all the ladies with their HCG numbers and scans! Looking good!

For @olismumma, sorry about your news. Is it just a bit early to detect the second heartbeat???
    @bayside- how's it going with you ? Is all ok?

As for me, maternity wear was a must for me from about 6w! None of my work dresses fitted, and work pants was a no go! Lol. I also started wearing maternity bras straight away because of how sore I am. My areolas are already huge! And my milk ducts are already playing up in my armpits!!!! I can see that my issues with engorgement are going to resurface!

My morning sickness, or all day sickness is tolerable with constant eating....which doesn't heap with trying to keep my weight gain to a reasonable rate.

Good news today, received letter from the hospital confirming hospital booking! Yeah so excited now!

Big week next week for me, I have my 2 hr GTT test to ensure gestational diabetes doesn't come early and NT ultrasound next Monday. Blood test for NT this Thursday.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to frenchy81 For This Useful Post:

Hopeful4Bub2  (07-04-2014),olismumma  (07-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by 90Bayside View Post
    @olismumma. My heart goes out to you. What an awful experience, I can only imagine the rollercoaster of emotions finding out its twins then one having no heartbeat. I can only imagine. I know it's no consolation but apparently lôsing a twin is quite common in early pregnancy. Given you are so sure they were identical I'm guessing they were both in the same sac? I think that's the highest possible risk for twins. ( and I've been doing a lot of reading about it lately!!)

Thinking of you...
    Thanks so much. Yes both in the same sac.. they also found an extra sac with nothing in it so not sure whats happened there??
    Hope you're traveling along beautifully

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks to all for your support. It feels nice knowing that none of you have dismissed this as I feel like so called friends irl will do... @frenchy81 definitely no heartbeat

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

17. The Following User Says Thank You to olismumma For This Useful Post:

ELM13  (07-04-2014)