Closed Thread
Page 55 of 105 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by olismumma View Post
    Hi everyone im sorry I havent posted much but welcome to all the newbies I see our group is growing bigger!
    Afm I had my first scan today and they found identical twins but only one heartbeat :-(
    We got sent for another scan to make sure the fs was correct also
    Im so shattered and shocked. We were not expecting twins, ive been so sick lately but never thought it was bc I was pregnant with two. Im trying so hard to stay positive and we are so lucky that we have one going strong but I never prepared myself for this. We have lost a little baby who we weren't even aware was there :-(
    Sorry for my vent

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    No idea what to say its an impossible bitter sweet moment, mourn your loss.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Wishnhope For This Useful Post:

olismumma  (07-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bowtiesarecool, I cant believe your boss did that. It wasnt his news to tell and at a board meeting!! Gosh, im so sorry this happened to you. *shakes fist violently at your boss! @olliesmum, I dont know what to say. Im so sorry for your loss, I cant say I understnad cause I dont. Thats great that you have one healthy bubs on board but im sorry ot didnt work out for the other twin @ellenbun, welcome :-) all of the girls here are so wonderful and supportive. @melros, how are you doing??

Afm - woke up feeling aweful. Went to the gp and turns out I have tonsillitis for the first time in my life! And a coldsore started coming this afternoon... argh! Im nervous cause I know a fever can be dangerous to a developing baby in the early stages. So im hoping I have a tough little bean on board. I did my beta at work yesterday (14dp5dt) and it was 2260. So im thinking thats not too bad.

Hi to everyone else
    Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Megsarama26 For This Useful Post:

ellenbun  (07-04-2014),Hopeful4Bub2  (07-04-2014),olismumma  (07-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Megsarama26 I am good thanks, you? Had my BT this am and hcg now 105,000 which is what they normally see at 8 weeks (I am 7 today) so chuffed about that. Just trying to pour water down my throat as in one hour I have my first scan! We are so so excited How are you travelling? Your levels are looking good too! I hope you are resting up at home?
    @olliesmum I'm so sorry to hear that be kind to yourself

The only symptoms I really have is achiness/crampy which is normal, a bit sicky at times and today I have a headache. I have college tonight so I hope it goes away

How is everyone else travelling?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Molros For This Useful Post:

olismumma  (07-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Kk1982 View Post
    @Hopeful4Bub2 My ultrasound is not until the 28th April! I feel like it is forever away!
    Mine is on the 22nd.... so I know exactly what you mean!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi !
    @Molros congratulations! I'm feeling much the same as you.... not many symptoms at all.... I've gained a few kgs but I think a lot of that was from all the medication etc

Bring on the 12 week mark I say!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Hopeful4Bub2 For This Useful Post:

Molros  (07-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone im sorry I havent posted much but welcome to all the newbies I see our group is growing bigger!
    Afm I had my first scan today and they found identical twins but only one heartbeat :-(
    Im so shattered and shocked. We were not expecting twins, ive been so sick lately but never thought it was bc I was pregnant with two. Im trying so hard to stay positive and we are so lucky that we have one going strong but I never prepared myself for this. We have lost a little baby who we weren't even aware was there :-(
    Sorry for my vent

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    So very sorry to hear that olismumma

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Hopeful4Bub2 For This Useful Post:

olismumma  (07-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopeful4Bub2 View Post
    Hi !
    @Molros congratulations! I'm feeling much the same as you.... not many symptoms at all.... I've gained a few kgs but I think a lot of that was from all the medication etc
    Bring on the 12 week mark I say!
    Its so hard waiting isn't it! I think I've only known for three weeks and I still have another five its going so slllooowwwllllyyyyy!
    Im trying to watch what I eat but Im only 5'2 so I reckon my bump will show quite early....hopefully not be too noticeable before 12 weeks as we're not telling before then!
    Its weird not having many symptoms isn't it, its almost like it'd be reassuring to feel ill but Im sure everyone with bad MS would disagree! I find the period like pains the worst, I have to remind myself its not my period coming!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Molros For This Useful Post:

Hopeful4Bub2  (07-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ellenbun View Post
    Hi ladies --

I hope it's ok if I jump in here. I've lurked a lot of these forums but never joined so I'm not sure how it all works! ha ha

DH and I did our second round of IVF with the lone frostie left after our first (failed) attempt -- I finally got a BFP last month, and the numbers looked OK but I didn't feel pregnant. Just came back from my six week scan and turns out it's all going ok!! So I guess I can finally let myself believe it!

Still don't have morning sickness or anything, but my tummy feels sore a lot and my boobs are getting bigger! lol

Starting to get worried about my weight gain tho -- I lost a lot in order to do IVF but since getting the BFP two weeks ago I have put about five kg back on Maybe I nervously ate too much chocolate while waiting for my scan

Has this happened to anyone else? I worked so hard to lose that weight so the surgery would be successful and the bub could be healthy -- now I'm worried that if I keep gaining at this rate it will be bad for both of us. UGH

All the info online seems contradictory and makes me worried about exercising or if I'm eating too much/not enough. Could really use some helpful advice. Have you girls gained much since your BFP? How much are you exercising?

Sorry for such a long rant for my first post! Feeling a bit on edge lol thanks ladies xx
    @ellenbun - firstly welcome! I've always been fairly thin....and with my first born son I put on close to 23kgs! Second time round I def don't want to do that so I've been researching lots of things about exercising etc. They say exercise is great in pregnancy, just make sure you keep your fluids up and don't get your core temperature up (especially in the first trimester), try not to engage in anything where you could get hurt (contact sports, bike riding - in case you fall)... I want to do weights coz I don't want flabby arms and I'm told low kgs with high repetitions is fine. Listen to your body and don't go too hard
    All the best!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Hopeful4Bub2 For This Useful Post:

ellenbun  (07-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry for my vent
    Hey Olismumma--
    Sorry sweetie What a shock that must have been! and so hard to be on one hand rejoicing for one heartbeat, but devestated about losing the other you didn't even know about.
    At least it's only your first scan -- I think if it had been farther along, complications with one of them might have also made things harder the other.
    So hard to have to mourn something you weren't expecting, while also feeling guilty about not feeling happier for the good news. Hang in there xxx

17. The Following User Says Thank You to ellenbun For This Useful Post:

olismumma  (07-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Kk1982 View Post
    Don't worry it's not just you... I feel like I have been CARB CARB CARB CARB CARB all the time, it's terrible! I've put on about 2 kilos just in the last couple weeks! Trying hard to moderate my diet now and make a concerted effort!
    Hi KK! Thanks so much.
    I have PCOS as well (which is why I came to this IVF board and not a generic preggo one), and had been doing really well on a restricted carb diet plus regular exercise. Started back on the carbs after my first POAS BFP since I thought it would be better for my embie, but I kind of exploded -- which can't be good for it either! so not sure if I need to restrict them again, at least a bit.

I can go pretty well when I'm being disciplined, but if you give me an inch ... well, like you said: carbsx10000!

I'm going to try to make a concerted effort now like you! Should we form a support group? lol

What steps are you taking to meet your goals? In addition to walking to work, I'm going to try to take the stairs (three flights, at least twice a day), and I'm going to look at pregnancy meal plans tonight.

c'mon hot mommas (to be)!