Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Wonderful news Bayside!!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Wishnhope For This Useful Post:

90Bayside  (04-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome to all the new ladies! So exciting to have so many BFPs on board!!
    To all you ladies that have booked your OBs are you all going private? Now I'm feeling a bit unorganised because I have no idea how it all works. I find it amazing that no one really talks to you about pregnancy and what you should be doing etc. well they haven't in my case anyway. @90Bayside congrats on your scan, glad all is well
    afm I had my 6 +5 week scan yesterday and all was good. Little heartbeat in there. Am I the only one that still feels like this is all a bit surreal? Maybe it's because I feel pretty normal except a bit tired. Still finding it a bit hard to believe!

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Willowglen For This Useful Post:

90Bayside  (04-04-2014),Hopeful4Bub2  (04-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @90Bayside woo hoo thats awesome news!!!!! So happy for you
    @Willowglen what state are you in? I think we're going private cos I don't really like the public hospital, plus I am a worrier and I like that with private I will always see the same ob and can ring up anytime....but its pretty $ and lots of public hospitals are fine.

Its all a bit new to me but we have private healthcare so that covers the birth costs, its just (!) the 20 wk payment out of out pockets. I didn't find I got told much either, just had a made an appt with my GP to get referrals (love the way they just assumed hehe) but I am seeing three and will pic the one I like best!!!!!! T

hats awesome you had your scan and its all good. Im glad you can see a heartbeat I guess that's why they say from 6wks onwards so its visible. It is surreal, I don't feel much different apart from a bit crampy and some days a bit nauseous. Did you get some pics from your scan? Do they tell you there and then its all good?

Is anyone else finding it hard hiding it from family? We want to wait until the 12 week mark but Im wondering if they're noticing the not drinking, meat well cooked etc etc and I don't want them to guess!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Willowglen congrats on your scan!! I'm going private - might as well use my private insurance for something! My clinic (Repromed) in Adelaide were excellent - when the called to tell me my positive beta result they ran through what I needed to do next - e.g. book ob etc. otherwise I would have had no idea!

Thanks
    Reviews
    ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1396582549.251042.jpg9 week scan today! Saw baby moving! Starting to see arms and legs!! HB 187

The bleeding and spotting is just one of those unexplained things! Fingers crossed it all settles down and goes away! 😊💗

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub app

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GStef For This Useful Post:

Hopeful4Bub2  (04-04-2014),Molros  (04-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @GStef that looks amazing

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Kk1982 View Post
    @Molros thank you, I think I will ask my GP at least to do another beta for me to make sure things look ok. I've got my scan booked for 28th April and obstetrician visit on 1st May - EDD 7th Dec! Still trying to wrap my head around all of this, seems very unreal!
    @90Bayside congratulations on the scan, that must be such a happy relief!
    Firstly, congratulations!!!

What IVF centre did you go through? My IVF nurse has posted me two blood test forms (one for next week and the week after) to keep monitoring me before my Obstetrician appt which is on 17/04/2014.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopeful4Bub2 View Post
    Firstly, congratulations!!!

What IVF centre did you go through? My IVF nurse has posted me two blood test forms (one for next week and the week after) to keep monitoring me before my Obstetrician appt which is on 17/04/2014.
    Thank you!! I went through Repromed in Adelaide- I think it's their policy not not doing any further betas after the first one, and to only book an 8 week scan. I think they kind of figure that if you are going to miscarry it will happen regardless of serial betas so what is the point?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats Bayside, willow and Stef. Great news for all of you.

Willow we are going private. We stayed with our fs who is also an OB. They booked me in to hospital and sent out the forms to me to fill in. Like Molros our health insurance covers the hospital and we need to pay a large management fee at 20 weeks.

I have my 10 week scan next week and have gone from feeling fine to freaking out again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @90Bayside - woo hoo! Congratulations! So happy to hear everything is progressing well. @GStef gorgeous scan! Must have been so lovely to see baby moving around in there!
    @Willowglen I am in Melbourne and going private too. I have private health insurance and we live down the road from a hospital so even though it's going to cost a bit we are going there. I had my first appointment last Monday and they have booked the hospital for me and are sending out some forms. I think I have to call and confirm in week 12. Most of my friends have gone public either with shared care or without and have loved their experiences.

AFM - I AM SO TIRED!! and nauseous! I have been given anti nausea medication as I can barely function. Hope this all passes quickly!

Hope you're all well!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to hopeforlife For This Useful Post:

90Bayside  (04-04-2014)