Closed Thread
Page 103 of 105 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105 LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 1041
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Willowglen I've been told to half my dose(or whatever you call it) and then stop at 9 weeks - I feel a bit like you...
    @Wishnhope FX you get the results soon and all is good

Quick question for people (and I think I know the answer) when considering OB and hospital which one was more important? I really like my FS who also practices as an OB but consults at a hospital I was not considering (distance wise it's only 10 min further than my preferred)

Sent from my iPad using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Wishnhope - it's ok, don't worry! I think he's an **** for saying that the blood results can cancel out the neck measurements! Wtf? Does he not have any bedside manners? You do not say that to a pregnant woman!!!

From your neck measurements I think you 're fine in terms of risk. Like I said before, my first 2 children, they didn't do the blood tests to assist with the risk factor, it was all based on the neck measurements, the nasal bone and gap. And this is the SAME ultrasound company that I used for ALL pregnancies.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to frenchy81 For This Useful Post:

Wishnhope  (23-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Rarah11 - for me, the hospital facilities was more of a consideration for me. Out of 2 births, my chosen ob could not make it to one of the births! So i was relying on the quality of the on call ob's they have available (I was lucky to get my current ob for this pregnancy. Long story short, he was the assistant surgeon for my first birth, then he was the on-call ob by my then ob who asked him to do it because he couldn't make it to my birth as i went into labour a day before my scheduled c section....and now I have chosen HIM to be my actual ob as he had been there for the birth of all my kids).

The reason why I think the hospital is more important is that birth plans do not all go according to plan. I went into labour at 12am and my chosen ob lived in the eastern suburbs if Sydney and couldn't make the 30min drive to the hospital, so he chose someone else to stand in for him. Secondly, after the birth, you are in the care and assistance of the midwives of the maternity ward. They HELP SO MUCH, with everything. And when you have no idea what you're doing, what each cry means when you are half asleep and sleep deprived, their help is what makes or breaks your launch into motherhood. In the grand scheme of things, I found that when I look back at my birth experiences, the hospital facilities and the midwives were what I remembered the most. Good luck!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by frenchy81 View Post
    @Rarah11 - for me, the hospital facilities was more of a consideration for me. Out of 2 births, my chosen ob could not make it to one of the births! So i was relying on the quality of the on call ob's they have available (I was lucky to get my current ob for this pregnancy. Long story short, he was the assistant surgeon for my first birth, then he was the on-call ob by my then ob who asked him to do it because he couldn't make it to my birth as i went into labour a day before my scheduled c section....and now I have chosen HIM to be my actual ob as he had been there for the birth of all my kids).

The reason why I think the hospital is more important is that birth plans do not all go according to plan. I went into labour at 12am and my chosen ob lived in the eastern suburbs if Sydney and couldn't make the 30min drive to the hospital, so he chose someone else to stand in for him. Secondly, after the birth, you are in the care and assistance of the midwives of the maternity ward. They HELP SO MUCH, with everything. And when you have no idea what you're doing, what each cry means when you are half asleep and sleep deprived, their help is what makes or breaks your launch into motherhood. In the grand scheme of things, I found that when I look back at my birth experiences, the hospital facilities and the midwives were what I remembered the most. Good luck!!!!
    Thanks @frenchy81 that is really helpful - do you mind if I ask which hospital - I also live in Sydney

Thanks
    Reviews
    I agree with frenchy. The hospital is what is important. Fortunately, the hospital where I've been going for the last few years (for non pregnancy related medical stuff) has just opened a brand new maternity ward, I wanted to go there as that's where all my medical records and history is. Plus the new maternity ward sounds awesome, and the parking is really cheap and easy (I'm going to greenslopes for all the brissie ladies).

On another note, I've been obsessing over prams for the last 24 hours. Purchasing twin prams is a complicated matter, it turns out. I've determined that there is no perfect twin pram and that everything on the market requires some sort of compromise. Some are to wide, some are too heavy, some are hard to collapse, some only fit one baby car capsule (why they market themselves as twin prams I will never know), some are reversible, some aren't., some come with all the extra attachments, others you have to buy extras in addition to the pram..... And the one I've found that requires the least compromise in terms of features is ridiculously expensive ($1900!!!). @megsarama, when you get to the point of pram hunting for twins, I'd love to know what your thoughts are. At this point I'm just thoroughly confused! Can't wait to start shopping for other twin stuff... I can only imagine it will prove equally as complicated and expensive! Lucky I'm saving money on groceries given I'm eating like a uni student at the moment... (Btw, I'm still loving my ribena. Best rediscovery ever....)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Rarah11 - i've been with St George Private Hospital for all my pregnancies. a few years ago they upgraded the maternity ward to include the facilities for preemies (they didn't have this before). I think the hospital itself is newish??

Im very happy with them, and they even call AFTER you've gone home to make sure you're ok with bubs etc. I found that their breastfeeding classes helped a lot....

Which one are you thinking of going to? I also think you need to be HAPPY with your chosen ob....so perhaps choose the hospital then look at all the obs that operate there and choose the one you're most happy with???

also i think @ELM13 is going to St George Private as well. ELM, what did you think of the facilities there now (last I was there was almost 3 years ago)
    Last edited by frenchy81; 23-04-2014 at 19:56. Reason: bugs = bubs

Thanks
    Reviews
    @frenchy81 my FS consults at St George but we were originally looking at The Mater as it is closer but to be honest the distance is not really an issue as you said it will be recommendations - think it means we'll be staying with our FS and going to St George (assuming he is available) - it's good to know you recommend it! Thanks!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Rarah11 - i cannot speak highly enough of St George Private Hospital, i absolutely love love the hospital. I found the maternity rooms to be very relaxing and tranquil.

Im glad you're going there!!!!! how exciting! thats 3 of us!!!!

(i guess the hospital will be making a bit of money from our group LOL)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Rarah11 - i cannot speak highly enough of St George Private Hospital, i absolutely love love the hospital. I found the maternity rooms to be very relaxing and tranquil.

Im glad you're going there!!!!! how exciting! thats 3 of us!!!!

(i guess the hospital will be making a bit of money from our group LOL)
    They certainly will!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Rarah11 - i've been with St George Private Hospital for all my pregnancies. a few years ago they upgraded the maternity ward to include the facilities for preemies (they didn't have this before). I think the hospital itself is newish??

Im very happy with them, and they even call AFTER you've gone home to make sure you're ok with bubs etc. I found that their breastfeeding classes helped a lot....

Which one are you thinking of going to? I also think you need to be HAPPY with your chosen ob....so perhaps choose the hospital then look at all the obs that operate there and choose the one you're most happy with???

also i think @ELM13 is going to St George Private as well. ELM, what did you think of the facilities there now (last I was there was almost 3 years ago)
    Yep I am too @Rarah11. We did a hospital tour when I was 7 wks (every Sunday at 3pm I think). The midwife was great, she gave us so much information and answered everyone's questions. Facilities looked great and it seems as though they have a really good support network in the few days after birth which I'm sure will be a big help being a first time mum! We stayed with our FS who is an OB too. Just thought it would be easier with medical history and we love her! She has been amazing!