+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default HELP.... How to tell if broken..

Hey Ladies I have just slipped and fallen and landed on my left arm right near my elbow and I can still slowly bend my arm but god it hurts.. how do I tell if it's broken ... I have to pick the kids up this afternoon and I drive a Manuel. ....

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Last edited by RuffledPansy; 27-02-2014 at 11:53.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lovepurplebutterflies View Post
    Hey Ladies I have just slipped and fallen and landed on my left arm right near my elbow and I can still slowly bend my arm but god it hurts.. how do I tell if it's broken ... I have to pick the kids up this afternoon and I drive a Manuel. ....

I don't think there'd be any other way to be sure other than an x-ray. Is it a dull pain or a sharp pain? Did you land on your elbow or your hand with your arm straight?

I once fell at soccer training and put my arm straight out, landed on my hand but my arm bent the wrong way. By god, it hurt. It brought tears to my eyes. And I ran the rest of the training session with my arm tucked into my side. I couldn't bend it for days past a certain point without it almost making me cry, but it turned out that it wasn't broken- maybe just bruised.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    If you can move it, I think that's a good sign it's not broken. I broke my hand last year and couldn't move 2 of my fingers at all.
    Is it swollen much? Do you think you can manage driving? My hand was broken for almost a week before I had time to go to a doctor so I think you'll be right even if you wait til later on to go to the hospital or GP.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SimplyMum View Post
    I don't think there'd be any other way to be sure other than an x-ray. Is it a dull pain or a sharp pain? Did you land on your elbow or your hand with your arm straight?

I once fell at soccer training and put my arm straight out, landed on my hand but my arm bent the wrong way. By god, it hurt. It brought tears to my eyes. And I ran the rest of the training session with my arm tucked into my side. I couldn't bend it for days past a certain point without it almost making me cry, but it turned out that it wasn't broken- maybe just bruised.
    I landed on elbow...
    I alway thought that if you could move it then it wasn't broken...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Being able to move does not mean it not broken. It needs to be Xrayed. Can you call someone to pick up the kids or even call the school and she if they can help. My school the principal or a no mate teacher can bring to you in case of a emergency.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I agree that being able to move it doesn't rule out being broken/ fractured. You'll need to get an x-ray.

I fell off a horse in my teens, it winded me, and when I went to get back on when I reached up my collar bone hurt. I didn't think much of it (thought bruising or something from landing on my shoulder), over a week later it was still hurting when I raised my arm above my head (fine when my arms were down), and turned out it was fractured.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My youngest DD fractured her arm, just below the elbow joint, she did a somersault and landed awkwardly on her elbow. When she first did it she cried briefly and then was very protective of that arm, held it across her chest with the elbow bent. She could wiggle all her fingers, there was no swelling and she could straighten it - but the action did really hurt her. Xray showed a fine hairline fracture just below the joint. I would think this is the only way you can confirm it.

Goodluck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies will head to DR's

Thanks
    Reviews
    How did you get on? Hope all is well and it was just bruised!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SpottySocks View Post
    How did you get on? Hope all is well and it was just bruised!
    Yep just major bruising and very swollen they bandaged it up for me for a few days ....Thank god ....or else I would have been stuck for someone to help me....thanks for asking ...

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RuffledPansy For This Useful Post:

LoveLivesHere  (28-02-2014),SpottySocks  (01-03-2014)