+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I would only use something to cover the top of your breast for your discretion. ...As for family and friends they need to get use it .....nothing more natural and beautiful than a bub being breastfed don't be embarrassed or hide...that's what boobs where made for..

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Last edited by RuffledPansy; 28-02-2014 at 14:45.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I would go to another room in the beginning, but now I don't. It's only a boob, we have all seen one before and quite frankly they see more of my boob when I go swimming in their pool in my bikinis than when I'm feeding my DS!

Thanks
    Reviews
    For me, it depends on the family member. I've fed in front of my father and his partner, my mum, and a few others, but around the in-laws and my step father I feed in another room. It's all based on how comfortable they all are around it, if they're uncomfortable it becomes really embarrassing for me (in public I don't care as much lol).

Thanks
    Reviews
    If I was at their house. I'd go to another room.

In my own house. If they don't like it they can remove themselves.

I never had an issue in front of my parents inc dad, BIL or nephews.

In front of my IL it was a bit diff, but they never made me feel uncomfortable, more I just didn't want to feel paranoid.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I must be really inconsiderate, because to be honest nobodies feelings have come into it when my babies have needed feeding. I have fed in front of our bank manager and tradies, friends and relatives. I have never had anyone leave a room or mention it - apart from the first few weeks when I didn't go anywhere anyway, you cannot see anything when bub is feeding. Quite a few times I have gone to another room but that is usually to chase a comfier chair as my kids tend to feed for quite a while.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's totally up to you. My own brother, who is married with 3 kids, feels VERY uncomfortable with public breast feeding. I ignore him totally, even though he actually looks a little green when people breastfeed bear him, and have b fed on his couch in front of him, at. a restaurant eith him sitting opposite, etc etc.

A couple of times, he's tried to head me off, by setting up an armchair in the study if he knew I was coming etc. he says things like, "I've put a chair in here, for you, I'm sure you'll feel more comfortable feeding in private," I always want to say, "Umm, no, it's you who'll feel more comfortable, not me!"

I choose to breast feed my baby when and where we feel comfortable.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Quote Originally Posted by MummaOJ View Post
    I must be really inconsiderate, because to be honest nobodies feelings have come into it when my babies have needed feeding. I have fed in front of our bank manager and tradies, friends and relatives. I have never had anyone leave a room or mention it - apart from the first few weeks when I didn't go anywhere anyway, you cannot see anything when bub is feeding. Quite a few times I have gone to another room but that is usually to chase a comfier chair as my kids tend to feed for quite a while.

I don't care if people think i am inconsiderate. My Bub comes before their feelings every time. There no where I won't feed. I have been feeding so long that if I hid away every time I had to feed, I would have wasted half my adult life.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to LoveLivesHere For This Useful Post:

MummaOJ  (28-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I guess I want to tread lightly also, because up until a few years ago I was someone who felt really uncomfortable around anyone who was breastfeeding. I had not seen anyone breastfeeding until I was 20years old. I never thought it was gross or sexual, I was always worried I'd make the mum feel uncomfortable or did she want me to leave, should I not look or talk to her, would it make her feel embarrassed etc...

Now I see it as a completely natural and Im completely comfortable with others breastfeeding. I just want to be cautious around my family to begin with and gradually like myself, they will warm up to the idea. In no way will I be hiding away forever, once I myself am comfortable breastfeeding, attaching well etc I will simply be discreet and stay in the same room .

I would really love for them to be comfortable around me even if bub does need a feed...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Quote Originally Posted by fullofhope View Post
    I guess I want to tread lightly also, because up until a few years ago I was someone who felt really uncomfortable around anyone who was breastfeeding. I had not seen anyone breastfeeding until I was 20years old. I never thought it was gross or sexual, I was always worried I'd make the mum feel uncomfortable or did she want me to leave, should I not look or talk to her, would it make her feel embarrassed etc...

Now I see it as a completely natural and Im completely comfortable with others breastfeeding. I just want to be cautious around my family to begin with and gradually like myself, they will warm up to the idea. In no way will I be hiding away forever, once I myself am comfortable breastfeeding, attaching well etc I will simply be discreet and stay in the same room .

I would really love for them to be comfortable around me even if bub does need a feed...
    That sounds perfect. You need to do what you feel is right.

Talking to family now and let them know that you want will help everyone feel more comfortable.