+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Confused...

Hey Gals

I just really want some assistance and seeing this is my first question thread on here i thought i would give the full background of my situation plus i need to vent it somewhere!!! (you'll have to excuse me im not up with all the abbreviations yet!!)

Jan 2013 i went off the pill to start trying to fall naturally i had one period and then had nothing for 3 months and then one on one off after that so during this time i saw our GP who did the usual tests Ultrasound for me and Bloods and Bloods and Sperm Test for DH. Mine all came back not to bad possible POCS (still not 100% confirmed) however DH sperm was low 6 million. FS- Next Generation was recommended and we have now been twice with all tests re-done again, DH sperm this time was only 1million and last appointment was stated that the route we are to travel down was ISCI. FS wants me to loose more weight and hubby to rectify his lifestyle too and we are awaiting May for a June/July start.

DH is quite upset about his issues and really will only talk to me about it which is totally fine as long as he talks to me im good with that..

Now last night i went to the Westmead Fertility Centre Information night and their costs are significantly different!!! My main question is should i change clinics just because of cost?? Is anyone currently going to either clinic and can offer any advice?

I did really enjoy the presentation from Westmead but it is only a presentation not how your experience is actually going to be and a difference i can mainly see is the Egg Retrieval Next Gen do it under General and WFC do it with local what are girls experiences with these??

Sorry for the long winded story but it helps!!!! Looking forward to hearing your responses...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi, I can't help you with next gen, but I have been going to westmead. We don't need icsi, but I know they do it there.

I like the clinic. The staff are all really nice and knowledgeable. I have had 4 unsuccessful cycles, but I don't think that's a clinic issue, more an old egg issue and I've just found out I have immune and natural killer cell issues. In terms of sedation vs general, it's fine, you get given an injection that makes you woozy and then you don't really remember anything. I have had two instances where I became 'aware' during the procedure, but apparently this is uncommon and i have only heard of one other lady that this has happened with.

The only other difference is at the end of your tww you don't go in for a bt, they give you home pregnancy tests to use on two different days. You can always go to your gp for a hcg test tho.

If you look around the threads you will find there are quite a few over the counter supplements that both you and your DH can take to help with fertility. I have also found he needs to get a good nights sleep the night before giving his sample. My DH worked a night shift once and went straight in, worst fertilisation rate ever! Mine takes ifolate, multi vitamin and goji berrie juice. I also make him cut down on drinking leading up to a cycle, but we both don't really drink too much nowadays anyway!

Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi there,

Df and I went through a similar situation last year we are now doing our first icsi cycle through the fertility centre in Liverpool they are similar to westmead but even more affordable I have embryo transfer booked for tomorrow and so far they have been fantastic !!

Df and I are very young early 20s but I have endo, blocked tube and very low amh for my age df had 21mill in his first sa but poor motility then three months later we did it again it dropped to 11 mill ! He doesn't smoke hardly drinks and doesn't do drugs so this was a shock to us. since then 7 months of him taking menevit, getting back into exercising and eating relatively healthy we found out this week it has jumped to 32 million ! This was fantastic news and shows it is possible the first thing we tackled was stress we went to Japan then to Thailand and just generally looked after our well being. Point is it is possible to raise the count and motility focus on your all round health rather than the situation at hand iv heard good things about westmead aswel but the fertility centre is another affordable option for you to look into.

Good luck !

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi we went through Next Gen, specifically Dr Benny and they were fantastic plus I now have a littke 4 week old son which I probably wouldn't without them. The medicare rebates were fantastic so even though the costs are higher than Westmead we really only found the cost for the egg retrieval due to private hospit being expensive. I preferred having a general as I have heard it can be quite uncomfortable being awake that said I have not experienced it any other way. I also felt the after care up till we moved to the hospital care was great, I had a bleed at 6 weeks and Dr Benny saw me that day for an ultrasound so I wouldn't have to wait for blood test results. They also called this week to ask about DS and how the pregnancy went. I also liked that Next Gen had 3 locations we could go too, handy as I live in the blue Mountains.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I go to Westmead FC and have found them very good. I much prefer sedation to a general as I don't remember anything in the op in either case but recover much quicker with sedation (GA makes me really shaky/nauseous etc)
    Their costs are very very reasonable too. So far a positive experience. Good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think I just need a pros and cons list it may help!!

I think I'm still in the shock stage and a little bit stressful I just don't know how DH will handle a clinic change with his issues as it is

Thanks
    Reviews
    We are seeing Dr McDonald at Nezt Gen she's so lovely which is a plus plus....I'm just wondering if we do say one maybe two cycles with Next Gen and then change in assuming the Safety net if in the same financial year will still apply...Oh I know I have to loose the weight I don't want to be at risk for any more problems them I have too from being overweight....