+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Nervous..

So DD will be 6 months next week..
    Tonight is her first night in the cot, in her transitional Love to Dream swaddle..

Im sooo nervous about her sleeping in her cot knowing she had the ability to roll.. She is currently asleep on her side..

I really hope she'll be ok..

Mod-Nomsie is offline Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15
    If you're worried about her rolling and my being able to breathe- don't! 6 months is a great age- they're very strong already and she will be able to lift up her head and readjust as much as she wants.
    I do think perhaps that you may have changed too many things at once with the cot and the swaddle (is there one arm free?) but I like to make changes cautiously. I had dd sleeping in her cot for day naps a good month before nights, and then the transitional swaddle came another 6 or so weeks after that.
    Having said all that though, my dd is a terrible sleeper, so maybe I am doing it all wrong haha!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Nomsie For This Useful Post:

PinkPrint  (26-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I was stressed about this last week! My DD started rolling and as soon as she did, she started sleeping on her belly.

So far so good, she is actually sleeping better!

Some lovely ladies on here suggested buying a breathing monitor, maybe do that if you're worried?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah she has got one arm free.

I should have been more specific, she has had a few day sleeps in the cot, tonight being her first night..

Thanks
    Reviews
    This was me lastnight and one night last week.

My DD is 6 months too she sleeps in her cot in her bedroom during the day and still in her bassinet next to my bed at night time. Lastnight she went down early and I put her in her cot and I knew she was going to sleep right through. After a little while she ended up rolling on her tummy. I ended up accidently on purpose waking her up and putting her in her bassinet next to me.

I'm quite nervous about her sleeping the night in her cot. During the day I have watched her on the monitor and she moves her head from side to side and moves about in her sleep.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah I know the feeling.. Dont think ill sleep much tonight.. 😣

Thanks
    Reviews
    Me either! DD went down early again tonight in her cot... I guess I will try leave her down there. It's got to happen some time right? :/

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes very true.. How was ur night?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I don't think their arms are meant to be restricted when they are rolling? I would feel more comfortable with both arms free particularly if there may be an issue with head control (flat spot thread). Hope she slept well!

Thanks
    Reviews
    She ended up waking up so I just put her in her bassinet 😐 I will get there... one night! Ha!
    How did you go?