+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    Love my Bellamys.

In relation to the constipation, it is not unusual for breastfeed babies to only go once every 10 days, it doesn't mean they are constipated - just getting exactly what they need.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to DJ Nette For This Useful Post:

CLEO26  (26-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bellamy's

Thanks
    Reviews
    I know some of the formulas come in individual sachets for travelling. Check out your local chemist and see what they have or can order in for you. It might be a cheaper/less wasteful way of figuring out which is best for your bub.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to TeaAndToast For This Useful Post:

CLEO26  (26-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    If you can call a couple of the formula companies or go on their websites. They will send out a trial pack for you to try. I did it and it was super helpful.
    In saying that I used karicare...Bellamy. .. Then a prescription formula. It really comes down to what works for bub. Some of the more enriched formulas can cause constipation. Also. . it may take up to 2 weeks for bub to get used to a change. So it might be a while for the poop to sort out.
    Also check the bottle you are feeding with. .. that the latch is good with no gaps at the side of bubs mouth with no milk escaping. Look for a suck swallow breathe pattern. If the latch isn't quite right that can cause gassy pains too.
    Hope that helps a bit.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Tamtam For This Useful Post:

CLEO26  (26-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Both of my babies were fully formula fed from birth with S26 GOLD - absolutely no problems, happy, healthy, thriving babies who were more than double their birth weights at 6 months

Thanks
    Reviews
    Heinz nurture here too.. The golds are known for constipation and digestion issues too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My child health nurse suggested s26 comfort. So I have bought that one and infacol.. so I will see how it goes. I also bought bellamys organic online so I have it here if he doesn't go well to the comfort. He is 98% breastfed at the moment with only formula before bes and one during the day

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Heinz nurture here as well. Ds 8 months old has been on it since 6 weeks old and we are now on the stage 2. We have never had any issues. I agree with other posters stay away from the gold formulas. We had problems with gas and tummy pains when we had been using karicare gold plus prior to using the heinz nurture.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app