+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Formula recommendations??

Hi.
    I'm currently breastfeeding. Well trying to.. I have to feed him all day and night for him to be satisfied and he hasnt done a poo since i took away the formula supplements on Monday.

He is 3 1/2 weeks old and I was gicing s26 gold only 120ml top ups a day in 60ml bits.
    Last friday I started giving 120ml at one go 3x a day. He was getting such banf wi d. Displaying all of the signs for colic baby and so monday I took it away.

Like I said he hasn't had a poo since yesterday morning and it was only a little tiny bit. The nappies have dropped as well. Im getting zero sleep cause I need to feed him constantly and hubby works away so there is no relief here.

I want to put him on formula but will I troduce it slowly. My concerns are for formula;
    ● constipation
    ● gassy baby

I was going to go 4 nan ha gold hypoallergenic one but then reviews said it was bad. Another friend said karicare.
    I don't care like ill buy 5 different tins to get the right one but wanted advice or reviews on formulas.

Also how long does baby take to adjust to this? And how can I get rid of gas and avoid constipation? ?? (For him not me)

Please im desperate! ! I find the nurse and aus breastfeeding association useless as they are pro breastfeeding and I just need to do what works for us.
    I would go down and look myself ut cant ever find the time for a shower. Im writjng this while bub sleeps ok my chest!!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Cleo, it can be a bit hit and miss trying to find the right formula as what works for one bub might not suit another! Plus you need to give it a bit of time to see how bubba reacts to it as well.

My first loved S26 Gold but it absolutely didn't agree with my second and caused lots of wind and constipation.

We tried Karicare Goat Milk formula which was fantastic (a little pricey but worth it as it's so gentle) and then moved to Karicare HA which has been great.

I know other friends that swear by Bellamys organic.

All the best and congratulations on your new baby :-)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to laray For This Useful Post:

CLEO26  (26-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    We use Karicare gold +
    Its a bit more expensive but I've just weaned my 7 month old from breastfeeding by mix feeding him for the last month and this formula has been great.
    No issue with constipation or wind.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I used nan gold for a few weeks coming out of hospital and it made DD gassy and constipated but I figure it's probably not ways the same with all babies.
    I've noticed on this site a lot of people recommend Bellamy's Organic. If I was going to stop bf'ing that's the one I would be trying first FWIW.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to SpecialK For This Useful Post:

CLEO26  (26-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    We used nan ha as it was given to us in hospital. He was fine on it until we realised he had cm pi milk allergy and we switched to soy. It is a bit hit and miss. Give one a go and do it first thing in the morning so you can see how bub goes with it.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to babyla For This Useful Post:

CLEO26  (26-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Bellamy's for us!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to kw123 For This Useful Post:

CLEO26  (26-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I tried S26 when I was weaning my daughter of the breast and she just refused to drink it! So I went out and bought the cheapest formula I could find, Heinz Nurture, thinking she would reject that as well, and she gobbled it up! It's only about $16 a tin and gave her no issues at all. Highly recommend it :-)

12. The Following User Says Thank You to JR03 For This Useful Post:

CLEO26  (26-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We had great success with NanHa remember it takes 3 weeks to settle into a formula so don't try to swap before then. Good luck

14. The Following User Says Thank You to bel2466 For This Useful Post:

CLEO26  (26-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    We use the mamia (Aldi) formula. $15 a can and made in Australia. Had no problems with constipation or colic bubby poos 3 times a day.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Blackdomino1 For This Useful Post:

CLEO26  (26-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JR03 View Post
    I tried S26 when I was weaning my daughter of the breast and she just refused to drink it! So I went out and bought the cheapest formula I could find, Heinz Nurture, thinking she would reject that as well, and she gobbled it up! It's only about $16 a tin and gave her no issues at all. Highly recommend it :-)

I agree with Heinz nurture, I used it will all 3 of my children after I weaned with no issues!

18. The Following User Says Thank You to 3bubbys For This Useful Post:

CLEO26  (26-02-2014)