+ Reply to Thread
    Gothel is offline Skip the drama, stay with Mama!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Help with eating disorder resources

A close family member has been diagnosed with anorexia. Can anyone point me towards some reputable resources (books, forums etc)?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Butterfly Foundation are a great place to start.

There is an online forum for carers and family members I can PM you the link if you like I don't want to put it on here for privacy reasons.

Each state has an eating disorder association, this is the QLD one http://eda.org.au/ I am pretty sure it has links to the other states. The Victorian site is very helpful.

ARAFAMI is a carers only support organisation, this is for carers of family members with mental illness.

Eating disorders are so hard to treat. They are frustrating, devastating and everything can descend into chaos in the blink of an eye.

Last edited by PomPoms; 26-02-2014 at 12:35.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    @cherilee Thank you so much for that! If you could pm me the link I can forward it. I tried the BF but most of their support services are for Australian residents only, and my family member is overseas.
    I just called the ED Assoc of Vic and they were most helpful. They are sending me an email listing resources they think will be helpful.

I'll look up ARafami next. This persons carers are in need of support too so it's awesome to know there are services out there.

I'll wait for your pm. Thank you so much!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gothel View Post
    @cherilee Thank you so much for that! If you could pm me the link I can forward it. I tried the BF but most of their support services are for Australian residents only, and my family member is overseas.
    I just called the ED Assoc of Vic and they were most helpful. They are sending me an email listing resources they think will be helpful.

I'll look up ARafami next. This persons carers are in need of support too so it's awesome to know there are services out there.

I'll wait for your pm. Thank you so much!
    I have a few more but don't know them off by heart. I will scroll through my information and post any others I find or remember.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you so much! I've forwarded it all on, I'm sure it will be very helpful. It's a hard road But there is a lot of support out there, so thank you