+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I get a bus at least once a day and the train a few times a week and have never had an issue, and I have a fairly large bjcs. I suggest avoiding peak times with a pram anyway, but I've never found the spaces available already filled. On a train you should try to find an empty space to park so people don't have to go around you, though I doubt you'd be kicked off! On buses you'd nor be allowed to block the aisle.

Good luck, once you get used to it it's no problem, and it's not as hard as you imagine it will be!

sent from my magical device

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Thanks everyone! I guess I'm just nervous about it cause it's my first bub & I've watched other women struggle on crowded buses/trains with prams etc.

We have already bought a stroller (Steelcraft Agile Plus) so if that is going to be too difficult I guess I will have to look at getting a sling down the track. We have been given an umbrella stroller for when bub is six months.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by heartstringz View Post
    Thanks everyone! I guess I'm just nervous about it cause it's my first bub & I've watched other women struggle on crowded buses/trains with prams etc.

We have already bought a stroller (Steelcraft Agile Plus) so if that is going to be too difficult I guess I will have to look at getting a sling down the track. We have been given an umbrella stroller for when bub is six months.
    I know how you feel..catching the bus with a pram still stresses me out sometimes. Not sure how the agile folds down but maybe have a go at folding it down now with one hand. Otherwise the sling just for those few hands free minutes putting the pram down is a good idea

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I caught the bus heaps with dd when she was younger and in a pram. Our pram was huge too. Luckily it was never super busy and I always managed to get a wheelchair seat where I could park it next to me and never had to fold it down. I know you dont want to use a sling but it might be a good idea just to pop baby into one before boarding in case you need to fold down the pram and you'll be sitting while on the bus so hopefully won't cause too many issue on your neck/back. Good luck!

Sent from my GT-I9300T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I used the trains in Sydney heaps with my large strider DLX pram, I just sat with it in front of me in the accessible seats, there's room, I've even been on at rush hour, not great with a crowd of ignorant commuters around you but I managed it. The busses are a little more difficult as there's less space, at less busy times you should be able to just sit in the accessible seats. Maybe as a pp said you could pop the baby into a carrier and fold the pram up just before you get on and then pop bubs back into the pram as soon as you get off. If you're going to use the bus a lot it's worth buying an inexpensive or second hand umbrella stroller just for using on the busses.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I've used the bris bus/train/ferry network extensively with bub/pram and 2 babies/pram.

Firstly plan your journey. Most bus timetables indicate if buses will be pram/wheel chair friendly. Try and travel on buses between 9-3 as it's not so busy unless you are travelling against traffic. If travelling peak - go early ie 7am to avoid the main rush.

Get a backpack nappy bag and preferably a light pram. Tho I have a p&t and used it easily. Get on the bus/train facing forward and get off backwards. If you have to dismantle the pram, pop bub in a sling, bag on back and your hands are free to fold the pram up. It only got tricky when I had two kids and had to fold my pram down. But it's manageable and never stopped me from going out.

You will have heaps of fun. I know I did

wifey of hubby who is always away. mother of two girls who are always amusing.