+ Reply to Thread

Smile Hoping to meet some mummies-to-be who will birth at Logan Hospital or at home...

Congratulations on your pregnancy, it is such an exciting time!

My name is Tobie-Jane and I am in my second year studying at Griffith University to become a midwife. As part of my study I have the opportunity to follow a number of women through pregnancy, labour and birth, and continuing to six weeks after their baby is born. It is a wonderful experience for me and also for the women I follow, as we are able to develop an ongoing partnership together. I am able to learn their hopes and wishes, and support them in their decision making to achieve the best birth for them and their baby. It is an invaluable learning experience, giving me the opportunity to see the childbearing journey from the woman's perspective and observe the outcome of the decisions and care that takes place.

This year I am looking to work with Brisbane women who will be birthing between early August and early October, either at Logan Hospital or at home with a private midwife. I will attend a minimum of five antenatal appointments, will be on call to attend your labour and birth, then will visit three times after your baby is born, including the six week postnatal check-up.

There is no cost to participate in the program. Taking part is entirely voluntary, and you can withdraw at any time without affecting the care you receive. Qualified midwives and doctors will be primarily responsible for your care at all times, while I will provide continuity of care between the various practitioners you see and participate in some aspects of your care, under supervision, with your consent. I would love to hear from you if you have any questions or would like more information.

Warm blessings for a beautiful pregnancy and birth,
    Last edited by BrisStudentMidwife; 26-02-2014 at 10:56. Reason: formatting