+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Unhappy Baby holding arms up at the elbow.. is this normal?

My baby girl is 4 months old, and recently I noticed that she seems to hold her arms up beside her head, bent at the elbow quite a lot.

She can move them easily, and plays with toys. But when laying down she holds them in this position, and often when i'm holding her she'll keep her arms up.

I use a Love to dream swaddle every night.
    Does anyone think this has trained her to hold her arms up? Is this normal, do any other babies do this?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep! That's the position.
    I know it's natural, but I was a bit worried especially since she does it a lot while being held

Thanks
    Reviews
    Same! I was using a dream to swaddle too and both my kids loved that position DD still sleeps like that when she's super tiered, DS has grown out of those swaddles and I've been wrapping him with a blanket with his arms down but I often find him wriggled out of the blanket with his arms out lol.
    i don't think you have anything to worry about, you found always try a differed swaddle.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    DS who is almost 7 sometimes sleeps with his arms like that still.

Sent from my GT-I9506 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by alexis243 View Post
    My baby girl is 4 months old, and recently I noticed that she seems to hold her arms up beside her head, bent at the elbow quite a lot.

She can move them easily, and plays with toys. But when laying down she holds them in this position, and often when i'm holding her she'll keep her arms up.

I use a Love to dream swaddle every night.
    Does anyone think this has trained her to hold her arms up? Is this normal, do any other babies do this?
    I use these wraps too and he does the same thing when he gets tired cranky and when I. Feeding him it actually looks as if his arm is gonna snap off he pulls them that far back I wondered if it was the wrap I've tried others and he hates them as soon as it's on him he knows it's bed and I think it's secure feeling he likes.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think the wrap is designed that way because it's a natural position for babies to sleep in

Thanks
    Reviews
    Dd2 8 months old sleeps like that. DD1 27 months old sleeps like that when tired

Thanks
    Reviews
    Is anyone still using the swaddle me wrap? Or when did u stop?

Thanks
    Reviews
    DD slept like that (I think pretty much all babies do?) and she was rarely swaddled, she didn't like it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chan87 View Post
    Is anyone still using the swaddle me wrap? Or when did u stop?
    Stopped using it at 4.5 months as went to sleep school and nurse told me I should stop using swaddles when bub started rolling (which she had done for a while) as it's then dangerous if they roll onto their tummy but can't use their arms to push themselves up from the mattress. Could suffocate. Stopped straight away, no issues, she slept very well.