+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by maternidade View Post
    Yes i fully understand it's a payment not a leave entitlement; to get it from MY employer I must be on unpaid leave, which my EBA stipulates must be taken after paid leave. My employer won't pay at same time either. TRUST me its been looked into even by the union ( as there was the issue if we got pregnant again before returning to work we wouldn't be eligible next time as we wouldn't have fulfilled the work test requirements).
    I don't know why I'm being bullied over this, i am not an idiot ( far from it actually) and know my own employer. obviously mine is different to yours it does happen you know. That is why I suggested she talked to her employer.
    As KW123 has said, it's your prerogative when you receive the PPL. That arrangement is between you and Centrelink and your employer is simply the one who administers the payment - they have absolutely no say over how or when you receive the payment. Your EBA cannot overrule legislation.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to JR03 For This Useful Post:

kw123  (18-05-2014)

Similar Threads

1. Employer Paid Mat Leave & return clauses
    By Sweetcheeks1 in forum Maternity Leave
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 11-04-2014, 10:54
  2. MAternity leave/Annual leave question
    By hoping28 in forum Maternity Leave
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 19-07-2013, 09:58
  3. can I use sick leave before my maternity leave starts?
    By lizzymcfizzy in forum Maternity Leave
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 19-03-2013, 14:14