+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kishimojin View Post
    Wow! Cool your jets!!! Lol Just found it interesting that your employer decided to link an EBA to a government payment??

Just a comment, no bullying intended!!
    No EBA states "unpaid" leave is to be taken after.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Can I claim centrelink PPL if my employer pays maternity leave?

Quote Originally Posted by kw123 View Post
    Yes that's right you must take paid leave first but you can have the Govt paid leave at the same time as your employer paid leave. They can't insist you hold off on receiving the Govt money until your employer money has finished.
    I was under the impression you weren't allowed to be earning an income while getting ppl? Doesn't matter for he now cos it's finished but for some reason I had it in my head that I needed to time ppl to start after my employer paid leave had finished.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by maternidade View Post
    No EBA states "unpaid" leave is to be taken after.
    That's fine, but there is still should be no reason why you can't be paid the ppl at the same time as paid maternity leave. It wouldn't be the best use of the money but still should be no reason why you can't?

Thanks
    Reviews
    If the PPL is paid to the employer and then passed on to the employee I assume they are going to withhold it until your work paid maternity leave runs out and then continue to pay you for the 18 weeks with the PPL from the Government.. that's what it sounds like to me..

So if you have total 12 months off you may be paid 6 months worth of entitlements from your employer.. Then 4 months entitlements from the government and then the remaining 2 months would be unpaid but would be classed as 6 months unpaid leave with your employer..

I didn't know they had grounds to withhold payments but I guess it would help to have payments drawn out over a long period rather than all in the first 6 months..

Sent from my GT-I9507 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi All. I have a dilema. My company offered 75% of my salary for 4 months as their maternity pay. I also applied to centrelink for the PPL. My employer has taken the PPL and used it as the base of there maternity pay and topped the pay up from centrelink to reach the 75%. I'm fuming and after speaking with the finance director, they said they are allowed to do this. Really! This means I did not get the full company maternity pay they said I would.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by KRK View Post
    Hi All. I have a dilema. My company offered 75% of my salary for 4 months as their maternity pay. I also applied to centrelink for the PPL. My employer has taken the PPL and used it as the base of there maternity pay and topped the pay up from centrelink to reach the 75%. I'm fuming and after speaking with the finance director, they said they are allowed to do this. Really! This means I did not get the full company maternity pay they said I would.
    Ummm yeah, very dodgy and they cannot do that unless they had a written agreement with you - the PPL is yours, yes it's paid through them but it is your money. If they agreed to 75% of your SALARY then it's just that - your salary, not on top of addition benefits.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Similarly, my employer offers 3 months paid leave, minus the value of any PPL you receive. It's clearly stated in our employment T&Cs, though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi All, I'm reading this thread and just want to confirm my situation.... I will have worked for my employer for 12 consecutive months in November 2014, with my DD 11th Jan 2015 I'm thinking of going on Mat leave Mid December. My employer has 14 weeks paid mat leave with 12 months consecutive service- this includes time during pregnancy though right? it doesn't specify. Will i get 14 weeks paid by my employer then 18 weeks government assistance?? I had assumed that i would have 14 weeks at full pay and then the remaining 4 just the government assistance??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    No you will get both

10. The Following User Says Thank You to kw123 For This Useful Post:

sarahrnz  (18-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    an employer cant withhold CL money from an employee!! :-O

I totally got paid the government funded PPL on top of my employer funded parental leave. Yes at the same time