+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Does anyone know what happens with ppl if you've just started a new business whilst on maternity leave? Running at a loss....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by maternidade View Post
    Check with HR my employer insisted I take theirs first
    Oh cool. Of course. Thank you. I don't mind so much how it arrives, I'm just happy I can get the payments

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yup you can. You just have to claim the ppl before baby is 1.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Clementine Grace For This Useful Post:

MrsHoward  (26-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    HR can't insist you take theirs first. Whether or not you get extra money from Centrelink (even though paid to you by them) is irrelevant.

They also absolutely cannot organise Govt PPL for you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by kw123 View Post
    HR can't insist you take theirs first. Whether or not you get extra money from Centrelink (even though paid to you by them) is irrelevant.

They also absolutely cannot organise Govt PPL for you.
    with my employer we must take their pay first, that is why I suggested to check. Whilst on government ppl I am considered to be on unpaid maternity leave ( as in unpaid from my employer) my EBA stipulates that paid leave shall be taken before unpaid leave, therefore I cannot have government leave paid out first.

Thanks
    Reviews
    with my employer we must take their pay first, that is why I suggested to check. Whilst on government ppl I am considered to be on unpaid maternity leave ( as in unpaid from my employer) my EBA stipulates that paid leave shall be taken before unpaid leave, therefore I cannot have government leave paid out first.
    Yes that's right you must take paid leave first but you can have the Govt paid leave at the same time as your employer paid leave. They can't insist you hold off on receiving the Govt money until your employer money has finished.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by kw123 View Post
    Yes that's right you must take paid leave first but you can have the Govt paid leave at the same time as your employer paid leave. They can't insist you hold off on receiving the Govt money until your employer money has finished.
    Unfortunately with my employer this is not the case ( trust me I asked and so did my boss who was also expecting), you are lucky if you can get both each employer is different

Thanks
    Reviews
    Unfortunately with my employer this is not the case ( trust me I asked and so did my boss who was also expecting), you are lucky if you can get both each employer is different
    I find this interesting as PPL is a payment, not a leave entitlement, although you need to be absent from duty to be able to claim. I fail to see how what kind of leave you take at the time you receive the payment has anything to do with your employer.

ETA I work in payroll in the public service.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Exactly.

Not doubting that's what your HR team have told you but either you have misinterpreted them or they are just wrong.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Kishimojin View Post
    I find this interesting as PPL is a payment, not a leave entitlement, although you need to be absent from duty to be able to claim. I fail to see how what kind of leave you take at the time you receive the payment has anything to do with your employer.

ETA I work in payroll in the public service.
    Yes i fully understand it's a payment not a leave entitlement; to get it from MY employer I must be on unpaid leave, which my EBA stipulates must be taken after paid leave. My employer won't pay at same time either. TRUST me its been looked into even by the union ( as there was the issue if we got pregnant again before returning to work we wouldn't be eligible next time as we wouldn't have fulfilled the work test requirements).
    I don't know why I'm being bullied over this, i am not an idiot ( far from it actually) and know my own employer. obviously mine is different to yours it does happen you know. That is why I suggested she talked to her employer.