+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    And I've been told so many times that soy and lactose free formulas work a treat for reflux babies but my DS won't drink thin formula which is why he has the AR one.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you all so much for replying!

So after I posted this I went to our GP who suggested infant gaviscon & if that doesn't work lactose free formula.

We tried the gaviscon and it didn't really do much apart from making her constipated. So we went on to lactose free formula (aptamil de-lact).

It worked well for about a week but her BM's were green still and by the end of the second week constipated She would also never drink a full bottle.

I went back to the Dr and he suggested going back to a normal formula so we put her on NAN comfort.

She likes this formula so much better and drinks the bottle dry! Her BM's are back to normal colour and is averaging two a day She is less windy on this formula as well but she does suffer reflux.

We have a Dr's appointment tomorrow afternoon to get a script for some relief. I've printed the info tool for the Dr from the RISA website and I'm not taking no for an answer.

I would like to keep her on this formula as it seems like it agrees with her but am open to trying something else as well.

Kinda feels like we have taken a step forward and a few back

What are the medication options out there?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    Losec an Nexium. They are both the same in that they stop acid bein produced in the stomach so it doesn't stop the stomach contents coming up (and out if it's not silent reflux) but stops the pain as there's no stomach acid.

Hopefully the Nan HA works but I you're see in green poo again it sounds like the Cows milk Protein that is causing the issue so next option is Soy. I used and still do use karicare soy. It may cause some constipation but you can add some coloxyl drops to each bottle til his body gets used to the soy.

And great idea with the checklist from RISA, I wish I had found that when Dd was really little instead of letting people telling me it's normal baby behaviour and she will grow out of it!

So yes don't take no for an answer, remember you know our baby better than anyone!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to A-Squared For This Useful Post:

Moowisha  (27-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    My DS has 3mls of losec twice daily and mylanta 2mls before bottle and 2mls after bottle up to 4 times a day as well as the Karicare AR formula all this together works great for us all babies are different. When he is at his worst we jump in a warm shower with him usually around 5ish each day and he relaxes instantly.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My DD1 had horrible wind. She was on infants friend and infacol each bottle. I tried Losec but it doesn't stop the wind, which is her main problem. Best thing that worked for is was keeping her upright most of the time. Wear baby lots, keep her upright in pram, buy an activity station for when she's a bit older that supports their weight.

And both my DDs have had dark green poo. It's just the formula makes it that colour.

My DD2 is throwing up every ten minutes, I think she has reflux too but for some reason it doesn't bother her at all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Wise Enough View Post
    My DD1 had horrible wind. She was on infants friend and infacol each bottle. I tried Losec but it doesn't stop the wind, which is her main problem. Best thing that worked for is was keeping her upright most of the time. Wear baby lots, keep her upright in pram, buy an activity station for when she's a bit older that supports their weight.

And both my DDs have had dark green poo. It's just the formula makes it that colour.

My DD2 is throwing up every ten minutes, I think she has reflux too but for some reason it doesn't bother her at all.
    Losec will only help the reflux not wind as it only coats the oesophagus to stop the burning pain they feel while refluxing. If DD2 is spewing a lot but not screaming she's most likely just a spewy baby and not a reflux baby :-) I hope she stops puking though lol poor little thing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bellamys gave my baby a sore tummy and horrid green poo! I changed to nan pro and it was instant relief for her! Couldn't believe it. Perhaps try changing the formula? I highly recommend nan comfort, only one that agreed with my bub, she's 8 months now

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry not nan pro, nan comfort. Don't know why I had pro in my head :-/

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just read your update! Nan comfort is great

Sorry to hear she has reflux, at least she's more comfortable than before
    Though you could try stomach calm by Brauers, it's natural and for mild reflux, it helped us a lot!

Thanks
    Reviews
    So my Dr's receptionist made the biggest mistake ever and booked appointments when he would be doing a training course in Sydney!!! So now I have to wait until Sunday night when he will come to my house after getting back - thankfully he called me today to apologise and organise to come out. But means I can't start until Monday when the chemist is open

We live rurally so can't just see another dr