+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014
    Quote Originally Posted by JungleMum View Post
    Genuine question, but do those that are anti CC or CIO never let their baby cry? I read so many anti cry comments that it makes me feel guilty when my baby does cry as I get the impression that it's completely wrong. So those 10mins when your unpacking groceries from the car or 20mins when your driving home from somewhere & baby is crying, is that considered wrong/harmful?

Edit: Baby also cries whilst trying to get her to sleep (cuddled/rocked). And no, I can't distinguish the cries yet but eliminate all possible issues - hungry, wet, gas etc.
    Yup my baby cries, definitely. But he isnt alone. In the car (which he hates and screams non stop) I talk to him and reassure him and his brothers pat his hands and hand him toys etc.

He is not left to cry in his cot. If he is crying I just pick him up. It doesnt work for everyone.

With my older 2 there were times I had to put them down for a second to regroup but I dont seem to need to do that with DS3 I am just calmer and able to cope better. He is never left to cry though.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    60 mins sounds like child abuse. That poor poor child makes me sad . I have cuddled my child to sleep , fed to sleep , jump up when he cries , run into his room at a pin drop but he sleeps and is happily independent 21 month old who sleeps in his cot . Sometimes there is no right way , but that is definitely the wrong way z

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to happygirl1982 For This Useful Post:

KaraB  (25-02-2014),wigglemum  (25-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    This, it is a whole new ball game when you have two or more babies. Sometimes they cry at the same time, add young toddlers to that and we just have to do what we need to to get through the day.

I am certainly not a fan of CIO. But I controlled cried with the twins (not the two single babies) and it worked well for them. Our youngest - who I did no settling method with (i.e. just picked him up and cuddled him when ever he needed it ) is the absolute worst sleeper ever, and he is almost 3.

Whether people like it or not, some methods work for some families - and judgement should be reserved for those parents who don't care and don't look after their kids! Like the woman this post is about

Quote Originally Posted by speckled View Post
    I'm a mother of twins whose DH did FIFO. My babies cried, there was 2 of them and one of me. I needed to eat/shower/finish expressing/attend to the other etc.

I just need to regularly review priorities.
    Last edited by beebs; 25-02-2014 at 12:36.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to beebs For This Useful Post:

Purple Lily  (25-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Quote Originally Posted by beebs View Post

Whether people like it or not, some methods work for some families - and judgement should be reserved for those parents who don't care and don't look after their kids! Like the woman this post is about
    100% agree

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LoveLivesHere For This Useful Post:

beebs  (25-02-2014),RipperRita  (25-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CitrusRain View Post
    How could anyone do that to baby I couldn't ever leave a baby to CIO. I was completely traumatised watching my helpless premmie (ds1) cry in nicu and not be able to comfort him so from the moment he came home he was never ever left to cry. DS2 is the same. I don't understand how anyone would choose to do this. It has to go against every instinct you have as a mother.
    Sometimes it's not that simple though unfortunately. Sleep deprivation, pnd, anxiety all rolled into the shock Of having a newborn can make people do things out of desperation.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Funnels For This Useful Post:

Tamtam  (25-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I don't agree with CIO at all and think leaving a baby cry for that long is awful. But I also think it's awful for there to be 5 pages online basically bagging someone who is known to one of the members on here.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to kw123 For This Useful Post:

babycake  (25-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    I know of parents who used CIO when it was the norm back in the 80s and their kids turned out fine (I am one of those kids).

I couldn't do CIO, but I could do CC if it came to that.

I support any parent who do CIO, CC, ssssh pat, rock to sleep, feed to sleep, co sleeps, routine, no routine. Every parent should do what works for those involved. I don't understand how or why some methods are used but different strokes for different folks.

We all have different levels of stress and methods of coping. I'd rather a parent use CIO for a night or two instead of shaking their baby out of frustration any day of the week.

We need to stop judging other parents for their parenting decisions. None of us are perfect, nor are we all the same.

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to A-Squared For This Useful Post:

beebs  (24-03-2014),Curby  (24-03-2014),IncyWincy  (09-02-2015),Little Miss Sunshine  (25-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Allie Pallie View Post
    I know of parents who used CIO when it was the norm back in the 80s and their kids turned out fine (I am one of those kids).

I couldn't do CIO, but I could do CC if it came to that.

I support any parent who do CIO, CC, ssssh pat, rock to sleep, feed to sleep, co sleeps, routine, no routine. Every parent should do what works for those involved. I don't understand how or why some methods are used but different strokes for different folks.

We all have different levels of stress and methods of coping. I'd rather a parent use CIO for a night or two instead of shaking their baby out of frustration any day of the week.

We need to stop judging other parents for their parenting decisions. None of us are perfect, nor are we all the same.
    Thankyou. So true.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I know this is an old post...

I did do cio with my first and looking back I feel guilty. My 10 month old doesnt sleep through a lot of the time and wont sleep til late and only falls asleep in my arms. I cant let him cry