+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    The idea of it makes me so angry, poor little fella....
    I can't bear DD crying for 60 seconds let alone 60mins.
    And to be sobbing in her sleep?
    Makes me want to cry!
    Sometimes she has bad dreams where she is crying in her sleep so I pick her up and cuddle her but to be the case of the angst?!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Those kind of stories make me want to cry

Interesting article about CIO and what it does to babies
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/ar...ains-high.html

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    That makes me feel sad too. I've been at my wits end with my son when he was younger & spent an hour & a half on the phone to a Karitane nurse. She told me not to just leave him to cry. That the whole point is that he feel safe & secure enough to be able to self settle. I went into him any time he was/is sad. I feel sorry for that mum, getting such a bum steer from her online community too.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ertgirl For This Useful Post:

KaraB  (25-02-2014),snowqu33n  (25-02-2014)

MrsHoward is offline If all I have is you, then I have everything
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Makes me want to cry

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SII.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsHoward For This Useful Post:

KaraB  (25-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    We did cc lucky for us she went to sleep within 10 mins.

I asked the sleep doctor who we saw ( some leading prof hes been mentioned on here num of times) longest a client has cried he said a mum reported her baby didnt sleep for 6 hours due to protest.

If my dd isnt asleep within 10 mins I get her up. Also we didnt start until 8 months. I know her cries from 'get me up' to im hurting etc I hope that makes sense? Shes a totally different child with her routine and took 2 nights to sleep through day and night!

Sent from my GT-I9195T using The Bub Hub mobile app

8. The Following User Says Thank You to monnie24 For This Useful Post:

snowqu33n  (25-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    60mins!

I feel guilty after 2 mins of crying!

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to misho For This Useful Post:

KaraB  (25-02-2014),snowqu33n  (25-02-2014),~Marigold~  (25-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 26/6/14
    60minutes! Poor bubba must feel like he has been abandoned. Thats awful. It hurts me so much when ds is crying that I race to get him for cuddles

♥ him + me = ds 17/9/13 ♥

Thanks
    Reviews
    I find it quite upsetting that some mothers actually think a baby is capable of manipulating you?? 60mins is a very, very long time for a baby to be in distress and what you've posted makes me feel a bit sick too OP.

I *try* not to judge, but at the same time there are some things I'm just not ok with - and letting a baby CIO ('cry it out' for previous poster who asked what it stood for) for an hour is one of those things.

I have been through serious sleep deprivation, so I do know the hell it can put a mum through. What I found really difficult when going through it with DS1 was that the common solutions to sleep issues were very black and white - you either feed/ rock and just deal with a baby that doesn't sleep because you created bad habits, or you have to let your baby cry alone. Mothers need to know that there are gentle ways to help a baby sleep, and it's not an all or nothing war that must be won at all costs. You CAN nurture your baby and teach them to sleep at the same time.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to decemberbubba For This Useful Post:

KaraB  (25-02-2014),Kellbell85  (25-02-2014),snowqu33n  (25-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @J37 CIO= Cry It Out

CC. = controlled crying

Hope that helps!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    60 minutes. Wow.
    There's such a huge difference between some whinging and protest. .. and crying. Especially 60 minutes.

Poor little baby. I've been through major sleep deprivation with my dd... and still there's no way I would ley her cry without comfort for longer than 5 or maybe 10 minutes. I would resettle/calm... and leave etc.

I have a friend who let's their babies cry. There was a whole bunch of us over at Christmas and baby would have been about 8 weeks old. She put him down for a nap and he screamed hysterically for about 30 minutes. Everybody was looking uncomfortable. . and she just said. .. don't worry I'm a midwife!
    I just kept thinking what difference does that make? And if you do CC or CIO surely hysterical crying is not okay. And what if he had done a spew or poo and was upset about that???
    She's very proud of her kids falling asleep and says at night she sleeps so heavy that even if they cried she wouldn't know so technically they sleep through.
    I don't think there's anything wrong with CIO CC but it's not for me. And long hysterical crying is also not for me.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Tamtam For This Useful Post:

snowqu33n  (25-02-2014)