+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Tried the larger teats last week but the flow was too much and he kept choking.
    I will maybe try junket too, when I can get my hands on some powder. DH managed to get the rest of his bottle in him just now while he was napping. Do reflux babies drink better when asleep?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Try feeding him in a quiet dark room. Both my girls would only feed like that otherwise they would get distracted by their surroundings and latch off. That's probably why feeding to sleep is working.

wifey of hubby who is always away. mother of two girls who are always amusing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdomino1 View Post
    I will maybe try junket too, when I can get my hands on some powder. DH managed to get the rest of his bottle in him just now while he was napping. Do reflux babies drink better when asleep?
    Ive heard that reflux babies drink better when sleeping but that wasnt my experience so it could be the lack of distractions.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdomino1 View Post
    Yup, most reflux babies drink better while sleeping. DS has reflux and you're describing his pre-medication feeding behaviour. If he won't take more after his first break, don't take breaks. Keep going until he stops. My DS is 7 mths now and I stopped giving him breaks during bottles about 3 mths ago. He burps fine at the end and doesn't have any wind issues. Try feeding your DS as upright as possible aswell, gravity is the refluxer's friend.

Thanks
    Reviews
    The gelatine was very thick but worked ok if mixed with fruit and a dash of yoghurt.
    i bought some infant's friend and have been giving it before bottles. He is drinking more with that.
    Thanks for all the suggestions.