+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My vbac baby arrived at 41+5 and I held firm not to have another c section as we were both well and happy. I had three stretch and sweeps which helped move things along, is this an option?
    If vbac is what you want and no medical reasons why bub has to come now then try to wait it out, it could be any day now!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have an appointment at the hospital tomorrow. I'll have a VE and they will want to book a date. Dh just said that he supports me no matter what and to stop letting everyone elses opinions cloud my decision. Even though I knew that I needed to hear it. Thanks for letting me ramble

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck. Don't let.them pressure you into anything you don't want. I had a scan to check everything was ok, enough fluid around bub etc, and sat on a heart rate monitor for a while to.placate them. I also consented to daily monitoring once I was ten days over but never happened as went into labour!! If you demonstrate you're making an informed decision based on these kind of results it fends them off a bit. Hope bub comes soon!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I attempted vbac but knew I'd never get through it. I had a c sect booked for 41 weeks. Had 2 stretch an sweeps done from 40 weeks. Did a lot of walking. Early labour started I was 40+2. and I ended up having emergency c sect 6cms dilated as bubs heart rate was not recovering fast enough. And I was bloody exhausted and high from the gas. I couldn't imagine having to do anymore. Cord was around his neck twice. Glad I went for the c sect in the end .

i would let mature take it's course and wait it out if ur heart is set on vbac but remember nothing always goes to plan.

Thanks
    Reviews
    How are you going BentzMumma?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MummaOJ View Post
    How are you going BentzMumma?
    Not good :'(

41wks today, had my 'high risk' hospital appointment. My cervix is still posterior and firmly closed. The 'big boss' was bought in and everything was explained to her. She was fabulous! She checked the fluid levels which she said were great for 41wks. Bubs heartrate is good. All in all things are great except my damn cervix! She said that she isn't confident I will go into spontaneous labour before next Tuesday. I'm in for monitoring tomorrow and Friday. We will discuss things further on Friday but I'm pretty sure we'll be booking a c-section for sometime next week.

As soon as dh got home from work I started crying hysterically. He got upset too because he knows how much I want this. He keeps saying that there is still time for things to change but I just can't see it happening. I honestly thought that I would have made some sort of progress by todays appointment. Being told I haven't just makes me feel like even more of a failure. Like my body is defective. I feel like I'm in a huge dark hole at the moment

7. The Following User Says Thank You to BlackDiamond For This Useful Post:

MummaOJ  (25-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you so much for thinking of me too MummaOj. It means a lot xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    I know that exact feeling. I also know how annoying it is when people say 'as long as you have a healthy baby'. But that is what I want to say to you. Read the positive csection section. I had a failed VBAC and was so annoyed at my body, but I no longer see it as a failure - how could our bodies be failures after growing a human? Be kind to yourself, and just go with your Obs advice - but don't beat yourself up if you have another csection. Keep us updated, all the best.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Big hugs BentzMumma, it's a whirlwind of emotions isn't it. It sounds like you have a supportive DH there, so please lean on him for support.

I want you to know though, never, ever think that you're a failure, because vbac or c'sec, you're not.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Uniquey For This Useful Post:

BlackDiamond  (27-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I highly recommend acupuncture to get things going. It worked wonders for me writhing a two days of my daily appointments (combined with a lot of fit ball bouncing) my waters broke and bubs was born via successful vbac.

Weigh up your current feelings of being over it and your desire for a vbac and see which pulls on your heart more. I understand by 41 weeks you would he very tired and frustrated but would you regret not waiting perhaps one more day if it meant you would get your vbac?

As long as you feel comfortable and confident with your decision then its the right one. No matter which you choose.