+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 41
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    640
    Thanks
    397
    Thanked
    361
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

    Default How long would you wait??

    Currently 40+6 and am feeling physically and emotionally drained. I'm torn between my desire to experience a vaginal delivery and wanting this pregnancy to just be over already!

    I am wanting to attempt a vbac but i just don't know how much longer i can wait for labour. My hospital will not induce a vbac unless i am already dilated. In this case they would break my waters but even then baby must be low. Currently she is still quite high. Another issue is that we only have someone available to watch ds until the 2nd of March.

    This has been on my mind constantly for the past few days. I seriously didn't think i would get this far. I have been experiencing pre labour since 38 weeks, I have had a few nights of regular mild contractions which fizzled out after a few hours and I've been having acupuncture weekly since 35 weeks.

    I have an appointment with my ob tomorrow who will want me to book a c-section date. One part of me wants to book it asap but then the other part of me wants to continue to wait. I just don't know what to do

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    4,308
    Thanks
    3,424
    Thanked
    1,831
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    If you really want to VBAC I would give it a few more days - at least til 40 +10 (only if all is well - is your hospital giving you a scan to make sure placenta and fluid level is fine?)

    You can still book in a c-section date for 40+10 or +11 to have that peace of mind that the end is nigh!

    At our hospital they let me go til 40+11 when I went naturally but I was booked in for a balloon catheter induction the next day which is meant to manually open your cervix.

    Hope you go naturally soon so you don't have to worry about this.

  3. #3
    headoverfeet's Avatar
    headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    18,954
    Thanks
    3,142
    Thanked
    4,892
    Reviews
    1
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Haveyou tried chiro to help bub engage?

    Sent from my GT-N7105T using The Bub Hub mobile app

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Brisbane North
    Posts
    4,460
    Thanks
    1,581
    Thanked
    1,802
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I was the same op, I had previously gone into labour at 35 & 37 weeks with my other two and then with this one I went at 41 weeks, I was so desperate, and pre labour was horrid but I just kept waiting. im glad I did and I had a vba2c.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    433
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked
    111
    Reviews
    0
    I was exactly the same.. I ended up having a c section with DD because it was just too much.. I had her at 38wks and she was 9 pound 8 so I was kind of glad she didn't cook any longer lol
    But do what you feel is right for you I had a gut feeling I wouldn't be able to do the vbac and my ob was glad I had the c section due to her size

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Darwin, NT
    Posts
    594
    Thanks
    79
    Thanked
    244
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    OMG I could have written this post 3 months ago. I was 10 days overdue, attempting a VBAC, tried everything under the sun to get bubba moving but nothing worked. My mum had taken leave to take care of DS while I was in hospital but it was Wednesday and she was due to go back to work on Monday and still no baby!!! They weren't going to induce because of VBAC, so I got my obst to schedule my csection for the next day - I desperately wanted a natural birth but in the end it came down to me getting worried the later baby was, obst not wanting to let me wait any longer, and not having structured at home care for DS while I was in hospital. I'm happy with my decision, have a beautiful little girl

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    10,957
    Thanks
    2,617
    Thanked
    2,871
    Reviews
    14
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    It is such a hard answer as everyone obviously speaks from their own perspective and experience, and what one may deem as right for them, may be totally wrong for another.

    As for me, none of my Vbac babies went over my EDD, and the Doctors told me that they would start to consider a Caesar at 10 days over. I always maintined that if I was overdue, I would not consider a Caesar on that fact alone, it would have to have been 14 days or more over and an ultrasound then to check my fluid levels, presence of meconium or any other issue that could have arisen from an over-cooked bub.

    So I guess for me, 14 days plus I would have been having a serious think. I would never have entertained (baby healthy etc) anything before then.

    OP, as an aside, I have known a couple of ladies who tried the 'Websters technique' performed by a Chiro and had great success with getting bub's head down and turned etc, if you want to explore that avenue.

    for the rest of your pregnancy, I hope all goes well whichever way you deliver.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    640
    Thanks
    397
    Thanked
    361
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I *think* I want to wait until 42wks at least. It's the pressure from everyone else that has me questioning myself.

    I feel that by booking a date and giving up my vbac makes me a failure. I've got children but I may never experience childbirth the way nature intended. I also worry though that I may go into labour but have it all still end in a c-section. I think ultimately what I'm saying is I'm terrified of this pregnancy ending in a caesar! I had (and still do to a degree) so much hate for my body that took me so long to deal with after ds. I just don't know if I can't deal with that again

    I thought it might be too late for a chiro?

    Sorry if all my posts make very little sense to you. My mind is mush. I find myself struggling to form sentences sometimes!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    3,487
    Thanks
    449
    Thanked
    1,571
    Reviews
    12
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Can I ask why you had a csection for your first? That would influence my decision.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    640
    Thanks
    397
    Thanked
    361
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MummaOJ View Post
    Can I ask why you had a csection for your first? That would influence my decision.
    Records state 'failure to progress'. I was induced 10 days over. Laboured 9hrs, ds' s heartrate dropped quite low for a period of time and I only got to 1cm.


 

Similar Threads

  1. How long to wait to do a FET after MC/D&C
    By nightchild80 in forum IVF
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 23-08-2013, 10:06
  2. Sex - How long do you need to wait after a D&C?
    By LJMsMum in forum Pregnancy Loss Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 26-06-2013, 08:27
  3. How long did you wait for help?
    By Dreamy4 in forum Conception issues & ttc
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 23-06-2013, 20:44

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
christmas gift guidesee all Red Stocking
Einsteinz Music
Make music at Einsteinz Music in age-appropriate class in Sydney's Inner West, Eastern Suburbs or North Shore. For ages 6 mths - 4 yrs. All music is live! Christmas Gift certificates available for full term or casual classes. Call 0431 338 143
sales & new stuffsee all
True Fairies
True Fairies is the first interactive website where children can engage and speak with a real fairy through the unique webcam fairy portal. Each session is tailored to the child, and is filled with enchantment and magic.
Visit website to find out more!
featured supporter
Cots on Bubhub
Looking to buy a cot or bassinet? :: Cot safety checklist :: Local or online nursery shops
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!