+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Daptoamy View Post
    Off topic I know but it makes me mad too. I've chucked so many toasters and kettles etc in the past....I'm no big greenie but it worries me about where all this junk is going. I would love to pay more for something that lasts but there doesn't seem to be an option out there.
    My sunbeam toaster and kettle lasted 10 years, I think thats pretty good no?

Sent from my GT-N7105T using The Bub Hub mobile app

2. The Following User Says Thank You to headoverfeet For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Sunshine  (24-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    My Dyson is nearly 5.5 years old and still going strong, (touch wood ).

I have always made sure I never go above the fill line and empty it out as soon as it nears it and with 4 small kiddies it gets a good run!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We've has ours for 9yrs and it's still good. The on/off switch went on it last year (due to the painter being an a$$) so we bought a new switch and new filters and it's great. DH also pulled it all apart and gave it a good clean out.

Thanks
    Reviews
    6 years and still going well. Came with the turbo head which I broke in year 5 - my fault sucked up something I shouldn't have. Got a replacement turbo head for about $125. Money well spent. You would not believe how much crap the turbine head removes and I vacuum twice a week!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I've had mine for over 5 years and it's still going strong!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    6+ years and still going. Had to replace turbine head as Dh broke it. But otherwise ok.

wifey of hubby who is always away. mother of two girls who are always amusing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Karen2010 View Post
    Id be putting a call/complaint in. Mine is a barrel type (DS05) and is 10 years old now, I shipped it back from London. I've only ever bought new filters and a button on the handle broken. New part was only $30.
    I only use it once a week now since getting a roomba 3 years ago.
    Sorry to hijack, but do you like your roomba? Is it worth getting? Does it work like the shopping channel says that it does?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the replies everyone! I searched for my receipt, and it looks like I got a bonus 2 year extended warranty, so have lodged a claim and it will get fixed or replaced.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to decemberbubba For This Useful Post:

Mmumm  (24-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by misho View Post
    Sorry to hijack, but do you like your roomba? Is it worth getting? Does it work like the shopping channel says that it does?
    Yeah it's great. I use it daily on wooden floor downstairs. I use the Dyson upstairs as roomba works best when the area is clear (ie I put chairs on table every few goes). To be honest if there is a big spill of crumbs etc I clean it up with brush/dustpan as my 13mo can't help but try and sit on roomba and make more mess. I put it on when we go out to the park etc.