+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Love to dream swaddle

My 4 month old dd is so addicted to her LTD swaddle. She has just started rolling and she isn't coping transitioning out of her swaddle. I've started with just one arm but she just won't settle at all. What can I do??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I kept DS in his LTD swaddle till 8mths.

Do you have a sleep positioner you can place her between so she can't roll

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I also had DS in his till later. Perhaps leave him in it for now and try again in another month or so?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I was told that LTD swaddles 'prevent" rolling due to arms being up. It's advised that you stop 'wrapping' your baby once they start to roll as they can roll over and need arms to push themselves up and reposition. In saying that, I purchased a LTD 50/50 and transitioned my little one at 4 months. However, I also have many friends that left their babies swaddled. Don't fix something that's not broken!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by JAG242 View Post
    Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I was told that LTD swaddles 'prevent" rolling due to arms being up. It's advised that you stop 'wrapping' your baby once they start to roll as they can roll over and need arms to push themselves up and reposition. In saying that, I purchased a LTD 50/50 and transitioned my little one at 4 months. However, I also have many friends that left their babies swaddled. Don't fix something that's not broken!
    Definitely don't prevent bubs rolling. My dd did all the time, and the op says her bub does as well.

We kept dd swaddled in a ltd until she was almost 7 months (she was rolling in it but could lift herself enough and moved her head no problem) and went cold turkey into a sleeping bag. We had just returned from an overseas trip, though, so her sleeping was already messed up.

Good luck with it, it takes a while for new things to be accepted!

sent from my magical device

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by angelini View Post
    Definitely don't prevent bubs rolling. My dd did all the time, and the op says her bub does as well.

We kept dd swaddled in a ltd until she was almost 7 months (she was rolling in it but could lift herself enough and moved her head no problem) and went cold turkey into a sleeping bag. We had just returned from an overseas trip, though, so her sleeping was already messed up.

Good luck with it, it takes a while for new things to be accepted!

sent from my magical device
    Thanks for your thoughts. I haven't met anyone that has a little one in a LTD swaddle that can roll while zipped up. You have a clever little person on your hands. I must have mis-interpreted OP's post. I assumed that when she said her little one was rolling that it was when she wasn't swaddled, it must be while she's swaddled.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I went cold turkey with DS at around 4 months. He grew out of his swaddle (started looking too much like a fat little sausage) and he was rolling onto his tummy and getting stuck because he couldn't use his arms as leverage to get back. Put him straight into a sleeping bag. He was a bit grumpy and grizzly for the first night but then he just conked straight out from then on.

But DS was a pretty adaptable and chilled out baby; change didn't seem to bother him much.