+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default QLD theme parks

Two questions here...

-Do you think it's possible to go to the theme parks as a single parent with 3 kids? I'm thinking that I would need to somehow rope another adult in to come with and mind the other 2 kids while I take one on a ride, or to supervise one or two on a ride while I supervise the other?

-Has anyone been to the QLD theme parks in April school holidays? Is it horribly packed and possible worth not considering it at this time of year?

Thanks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    You can go to their website and have a look at all the rides and height restrictions. Most rides need an adult with the child. If you have teens they will be fine but with little ones you will need another adult to help you.

The theme parks are always busy all through the yr, school holidays are worse and line ups for rides can be a long wait.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    How old are your kids? Their age is probably a big determining factor in what they can go on and whether they need an adult or not. Movie world has a whole section of kids rides. When my 2 went on, I mostly just waited at the gate.
    Dream world has some family rides. You could all go on both water rides. Then of course depending on their age there are rides aimed at young kids (wiggles world), and rides for slightly older kids like a smaller version of a roller coaster, bumper cars, etc..

I think school holidays would be a dreadful time to go personally. I only ever go to theme parks during the week, during school term and they are awfully packed even then. Some of the lines for rides are so long they are barely even worth the wait.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Last edited by HarvestMoon; 23-02-2014 at 23:43.

Thanks
    Reviews
    The rides don't go on age...they go on height.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    The age of the kids would give a rough indication of height and what sort of rides the OP is looking at going on.
    At Movie world for example, there are no height restrictions on at least the bulk of the rides in the kids' WB! fun zone. Whether these sorts of rides would be suitable really depends on the age of the OP's kids.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    It's horribly packed every school holidays without fail.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My kids are all primary school age. And short. Lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It really depends on what your kids are like & their heights. At Dreamworld, I think once they are 125cm tall they can go on everything.

I went to Dreamworld heaps during Easter last year & didn't find it too busy. If your concerned about the rides maybe Seaworld would be a better fit? Lots of things to see & do, with rides as well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    If they are primary school aged they should be right on most of the ones at movie world by themselves. It does get pretty packed on school holidays but still worthwhile. At least the weather is a bit cooler then.