+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Anterior Placenta

I was told this week that I have an anterior placenta. I suspected this was the case as I felt DD move from 16wks but I'm almost 19wks now and feel very little movement. I'm really disappointed because I've been a little anxious this pregnancy and really want to feel bub kicking around in there.

If you had an anterior placenta, when did you feel regular unmistakeable movement? If you've had other pregnancies without an anterior placenta do the the movements feel different? Did your placenta move and of so, when?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Had an anterior placenta and felt definite kicks at 18 weeks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    22 weeks. It was my first though. The first kick I felt was a good hard kick, not the little flutters that I'm told you can sometimes feel as the first movements. I haven't had another to compare, but I've been told in late pregnancy an anterior placenta is more comfortable as it helps shield you a little from baby wriggling around in there!

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I had an anterior placenta and felt her around 20 weeks.
    Definitely felt lots of big kicks and regular, frequent movement throughout the rest of the pregnancy.
    edit- forgot to mention, yes there was a difference between my anterior and non anterior pregnancies regarding movement- with DS (non anterior) the kicks were insane, like popping through my clothes! DD was similar, just not quite as intense.

"Life Is Ours, We Live It Our Way".
    Last edited by ~Marigold~; 23-02-2014 at 21:11.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Anterior with both pregnancies. First was around 22 weeks, this time around 19-20. 25 now and the party never stops

Thanks
    Reviews
    Anterior placenta with DS1 - felt intermitant flutters around 16/17 weeks, but not definite movements until after 20ish weeks. I never really felt any 'sharp' movements with DS1, just lots of gentle rolling sensations and movements were quite muffled.

DS2 was posterior placenta and I was feeling movements much earlier (around 14 weeks from memory), and his movements were much, much more distinct and 'jabby' (sometimes even quite painful).

Thanks
    Reviews
    I first felt definite kicks at 19 weeks. I was laying with my hand on my belly and felt her with my hand as well. I had some movement earlier, but I wasn't sure if that was bub or not

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I had an anterior placenta with my second and I felt definite kicks just before 20 weeks with him. With ds1 I had a posterior placenta and first felt him around 21 weeks. Not sure if my placenta moved sorry I didn't have any scans after the morph scan

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had an anterior placenta with DD2 and not DD1. With DD1 I felt fluttery movements from 15weeks with DD2 I didn't feel any movements until 22 weeks and then they were definite big movements. So it's quite normal that you're not feeling anything yet but don't stress cause you will be stating to feel movements very soon

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had anterior with ds and didn't feel regular movements and kicks till 22 weeks. And it was never very intense. This pregnancy is posterior and I'm 19 weeks and feeling kicks every day.
    The placenta will only ever move upwards as your belly grows, so will stay in front the whole pregnancy.