+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default March 2014 1st ever cycle support

Hi All
    DH and I are going for our very first IVF cycle this March 2014. AF due next Friday and its always pretty much on time. We are with Genea seeing Dr Alison Gee. Our infertility is relatively unexplained. DH's sperm is great quality no issues with him, 34 yrs old. Me 35 only issue is low follicle count. We both lead healthy lives excerise and eat well and have never smoked.
    The issues that scare me
    the most is what sort of effect the FSH drugs will have on me and the egg collection surgery.
    would love to share my journey with other ladies also on their cycles in March 2014.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi All

DH and I have just started our first round of IVF through Genea. Today is my second day of injections. At the moment I am just injecting 300 ug of Gonal-f every morning around the same time each morning. So far all I have noticed is a dull headache, which is bearable just annoying if anything. I do the injections myself, they don't hurt at all (so far). Will also have to start injecting 250 ug of Centrotide after Tuesday morning. Not looking forward to those injections as I have to mix the liquid with the power in the separate vile then inject mixed fluid back into syringe and inject that into my tummy. Then back to see Genea for my first scan/ultra sound Wednesday morning to see how it is all going.
    One thing I am conscious of is making sure I keep drinking heaps of water as the nurses told me to double what I would usually drink. Which makes sense as your body is trying to process all this extra hormones so the more water the easier it will be to flush out the stuff the body doesn't need.
    We have only told our immediate family about our IVF. I am also luck to have two friends who have already been through IVF - both now have gorgeous babies as a result, to talk to if I have any questions or issues only they can understand I'm dealing with. I also told my boss only yesterday. He was very supportive and happy for me. He asked what the process involves and if there is anything he can do to assist the process is as un-stressful as possible. I feel very lucky to have such an understanding boss as not all are like this.
    Wishing everyone on their journeys all the luck in the universe!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi!! Just wanted to wish you the very best on your journey :-) I am also doing IVF, it is what you make it just concentrate on why you are doing it if you ever feel down!! Were lucky to have this option. Ask any questions I am no expert but have done a few stim cycles!! Baby dust to you xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Bridget, I have just joined for the same reason. My husband and I are due to start IVF next cycle, which is in a couple of weeks. I'm not sure where you are up to in your IVF attempts, hoping you no longer need the support and have been successful, but if not I am here and would love someone to share this journey with. All of my friends seem to be super fertile and tell me to 'just relax' or 'time it better' so I guess it would be good to talk to people who understand the frustration and worry of it all. Just to feel like I am not the only one this is happening to! I am due to start at the end of April. Cheers