+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Written from my heart and through my tears

If you can imagine watching yourself, or often looking back on yourself with absolutely no control over how you feel or what you say, the tears you cry. Oh, the tears, there are so many tears. You feel the familiar sting behind your eyes over and over again throughout the day. Sometimes you can stop them and sometimes they just spill out. Sometimes you are lucky enough to have someone to understand and help you and tell you it’s ok, that it’s normal, that it comes with ovaries.Then only a matter of hours later the angry – irritable hormones overrides that sad hormone and before you know it you have snapped at the very person who was comforting you. They’ve had enough now, they’ve tried to be there for you and be kind and understanding but they’re not there to be snapped at. This sends you into a bigger whirlwind of self loathing and depression. Yup – you’re gonna use that word, the clinical term, the medical condition DEPRESSION. When everything is black. Yet only days ago – or even hours ago the sun was shining and you we’re so happy. Temporary depression lets go with that. Is that a medical term? Well it should be. As tears spill down your face you comfort yourself in the fact that these crazy emotions may be, just may be be the answer to all your prayers. That there is a little angel nestling inside you. Sending your body a flood of hormones that come with it an excuse, a validation, a flashing sign that says “I’s not my fault I’m crazy! I’m making our baby!” . Your gut tells you this is not the case, but your heart begs you to believe it may be true. But you can’t obsess, oh now your not allowed to obsess! Or stress! Nope, don’t you dare stress. It will come naturally. When it is time. OK, so I’m ok with it happening when it is supposed to, I can even see that the longer it takes to get pregnant the more time it give us to earn more money to set us up for a secure future. And the more time I have to get healthy and strong to carry the baby. But once those hormones hit that logic goes flying out the door along with any other sense of rational and self worth. Yup, that goes to. A sense of being able to achieve anything. You feel like everything you do it wrong. You haven’t fallen pregnant and you want it so bad. But you are so angry with yourself for thinking about it and stressing. Just let it happen. A couple of weeks later you can look back at these thoughts, it you even remember them and wonder how you could have felt so dark. You love your life and you do really believe that you will be blessed with a family when the time is right. But by then the hormones have balanced again and you are thinking clearly. You are yourself.

The 2WW they call it. That’s 2 week wait for those who aren’t submerged in the world of with conceiving or TTC (trying to conceive). Well that’s hard, I give you that. Two weeks from when you and hubby have BD (I still have no idea what this one means but I go with Badoinked!) and you wonder if any little feeling might be a symptom. Well I envy those who have a 2WW. How about a 4WW, or even a 5WW. Welcome to the world of irregular periods. Before anyone starts with the suggestions – Ovulation kits don’t work cause they only detect the spike in the hormone that comes up before you ovulate but if you have irregular cycles and your body isn’t ovulating properly this can happen several times per months. Temperature is the same and cervical mucus, well that one is supposed to be a fair guide but I have tried this over the past 4 months and still can’t pin point it. So here I am at the end of my guesstimated 35 day cycle and I wait, then wait some more – it’s gets to 43 days and I think ok, well now it’s reasonable to test. This is not some crazy obsessive woman testing every second of the day this is a legitimate time to test. Nope – negative. That cycle I actually ovulated on day 35! Making it a 49 day cycle.

I’m over it, I’ve had enough. I just want to feel like myself again, feel in control. I’ve had my sook, I’ve spilled it out and I’m gonna pick myself up, stop my sooking and go enjoy the life I love. I write that with determination yet as I do my inner voice ridicules my own words, as I know that those dreaded hormones will lead me back down the path of darkness again. Until then I will light my candles and try to remember to be kind. Kind to myself and kind to my darling husband who tries so hard. He bought a ticket for this ride and no matter how many times it throws him around leaving him bruised and battered, promises never, never to get off. And that in itself is enough to make me smile and keep going.

**** Please note this is written only as way of venting my feelings. It is in no way a criticism of woman that test daily or with view point that my journey is harder than anyone with a 28 day cycle. Everyone has their own struggles and I wish everyone the best in their journey to becoming mothers.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Couldn't read and not reply, sorry to hear of your conception problems, how long have you been ttc? I can't imagine the emotional roller coaster you go on every month. I haven't suffered from infertility but I watched my cousin go through it and it broke my heart. She did eventually conceive naturally after 23 months and she told me that was the month her and her DH decided to BD (baby dance ) every second day from CD 7 through to when she got AF. Obviously she never got AF, so eventually she tested and finally she saw those 2 pink lines. Best of luck darl I really hope you get your BFP soon

3. The Following User Says Thank You to GingerKat For This Useful Post:

Monkey Joy  (23-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Monkey I feel your pain!! It has been 4 years for us. In those 4 years we have seen all out friends and even younger siblings get pregnant. It never gets any easier and I am always asking myself why am I being punished? Talking to a professional definitely helped me... Pm me if you would like to chat xo

5. The Following User Says Thank You to nattie84 For This Useful Post:

Monkey Joy  (23-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you Natie84 and GingerKat for your kind words. I feel somewhat guilty when I hear how long others have tried. It's only been 4 months. We are newly weds so doing the Baby Dance ( Ha ha, BaDoinked!) every second day is no trouble for us my but hubby travels for work alot and although we can manipulate his travel dates to suit my cycle it's no good if we don't know when I'm ov. I really do feel fine about it when I'm not swamped by hormones. I actually think I may have ovulated this weekend as I've cried every day since Thursday and had a peak in Ovulation kit on Friday. Thanks for listening ladies. I don't talk to many girlfriends about it as sometimes that can ad more pressure - plus I feel it's quite personal. Amazing how good internet anonymity is! Much love for your kind words xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks so much for sharing your feelings Monkey Joy. When I was reading it, it was like I could have written it myself. Especially the part about darling supportive husband he obviously loves you very much!!

I have the same struggles with the "up and down" of feelings. It always balances out for me too, and I remember how lucky I am with what I have in my life now, but it doesn't take away the pain of knowing someone is missing. The guilt gets overwhelming sometimes. I have severe endo so that makes it harder. I have to keep reminding myself that even though it's my body that has problems, it's not my fault. It is really hard sometimes to let go of that feeling of guilt though.

I have created a rule for myself lately, which is to write down one thing every day that I am grateful for. It helps to put a smile on my face even when I'm feeling low.

I hope you get your swing back to happy feelings soon!!! Take care and be kind to yourself xx

8. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsJoey For This Useful Post:

Monkey Joy  (23-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you Mrs Joey. I'm glad you too have a sweet partner to support you. I love the idea of writing down what you are grateful for. Good luck with your journey. I hope your downs are brief and your ups are long xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Incase anyone comes across this old post I wanted to let you know that I got my BFP last week. I am so happy to be creating a beautiful human being with my husband.

It was a 13 month long journey. And if anyone wants to know what I did differently - I started seeing an amazing Traditional Chinese Medicine Practitioner (I had seen one before but this lady is truly talented). Oh and I finally listened to the advice from all others that had eventually conceived with irregular cycles. BD every second day from the last day of your period til the first day of your next (or hopefully til you get that BFP!).

This was only the second Cycle I had seen my TCM and in my first cycle she got my CL down from what was sometimes 47 days to 31 days. 2nd cycle and I wasn't even expecting it - I truly thought I would need a few months for her to get things working. I'm due in September - not quite sure of the date given my cycles but I am jumping with joy.

Much love and baby dust to all. Thank you for all your support on this journey. xx

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Monkey Joy For This Useful Post:

DT75  (09-01-2015),GingerKat  (09-01-2015),Mad84  (09-01-2015),~Marigold~  (09-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Huge congrats to you! All the best for the future. I hope you have a lovely, uncomplicated, joyful pregnancy xx

13. The Following User Says Thank You to DT75 For This Useful Post:

Monkey Joy  (10-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Congrats Monkey Joy! As a person who struggled with 4 and a half years of trying and then loss my pregnancy at 16 weeks, I felt your pain in your post. But oh the joy of that two little pink lines!!! Congratulations for your pregnancy, enjoy xo

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub app

15. The Following User Says Thank You to New Hope For This Useful Post:

Monkey Joy  (10-01-2015)