+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I've only got two kids so perhaps my life is less hectic than others but these are a few things I do to avoid chaos.

Number one rule is to have minimal clutter.

When my boys have their birthday and also after Christmas I gather toys that are barely used to make room for the new ones. (I sell them). My boys are in the habit of packing up one activity before moving onto the next - and messy activities (craft, play dough, puzzles) are all stored up high and they need to ask to play with that sort of stuff.

Secondly - routine!

Just get in the habit of whatever it is you want do

For me it means each week I change sheets, do my massive clean (small ones throughout the week) meal plan, I have a magnetised list on my fridge (as soon as I run out of something I write in in there so I don't forget, I also sit down on a Sunday night and write anything else I need for the week). I think I'd hyperventilate at the shop without a list!! Lol

Also my very last tip is to pop everything into my phone. I have a shift calendar app that I plug any appointments into, days my boys go to their dad, times I need to remember (eg- ringing about something first thing Monday), Parties, school term dates. I then set alerts so my phone reminds me of these appointments - one a couple of days before the event and one a couple of hours before.

I have a dreadful memory and find that if it's written down I can go about like a normal organised person in disguise

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I have Fridays off and I utilise that day to do the housework properly, I do all the washing, get the kids clothes ready for the following week, I cook meals for the following week and I bake lunchbox treats and snacks for the following week.
    Hubby cleans all the cars and everything else outdoors that day.

Mod-biscotti is offline Administrator Administrator
    Winner 2012 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I am super organised (most of the time ) - we have a very busy lifestyle and I can't stand feeling like >
    I feel on top of things when everything is in order.

I totally second the suggestion of de-cluttering, honestly it makes life so much easier!

ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1393137172.078100.jpg

Words to live by

Sent from my iPad using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Im slowly trying to get more organised and have already noticed an improvement in my house and life.
    The first thing i did was declutter. Im still working on this and each time i do an area i am more and more brutal.
    I also try to lay our clothes out the night before. Make sure nappy bag is packed and ready to go if i decide to go out spontaneously.
    This year i have started to keep a planner and actually use it.
    Packing a lunch box for dd the night before. Even if we are just at home for the day it makes things easier if her lunch and snacks are ready to go when im busy with an unsettled ds.
    Making the beds everyday instantly makes the bedrooms look neater.
    Putting a load of washing in machine every morning and aiming to have it hung out, dry, folded and put away before kids bedtime.
    Doing dishes and wiping benches, table and high chair after every meal.
    Set aside time each week to organise mail.
    My next step is to implement meal planning and shopping list.
    Good luck! I used to be so unorganised and messy but since ds was born and having 2 and 2 i knew i needed to make changes. It was my new years resolution.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    This is a timely post as I am spending this week working through each room decluttering, and reorganizing thing so they are more functional. Being back at work 4 days a week with a 4mo and over active 3yr old means I really need to get on top of it all. I use a planner to make sure I put all appointments, events etc. I am buying a washing basket for each person and their washing will be washed folded and sorted into their basket and they out it away( except bub of course). DD1 is responsible for picking up all her toys before she goes to bed and I am going to start getting her to make her bed in the morning( with help) I'm also slowly implementing a fairly strict routine so that everything runs more smoothly( especially on work days!). Every weekend we sit down and do a budget so as soon as our pay goes in we pay any bills straight away( we are trying to climb our way out of debt ) I also do a meal plan on the weekends and online shop( seriously I am never going back to doing groceries in the shops!) hubby vacuums every day before he goes to work or of an evening when he gets home an also does the car and garage on weekends...not sure what else

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh yeah and nappy bag/school bag/ my work bag are all packed the night before. These are all very recent changes, an I am still implementing them so it's not flowing very smooth yet but we are getting there

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I cant stand not being organized, the one area I fail in is celebrations..always left til the last minute I have very minimal clutter actually feel clostraphobic if my house is messy and unorganized. I def agree with the less is best motto!

Sent from my GT-N7105T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes I am highly organised person and always have been. I do not understand "chaos" or how this happens. I find being organised extremely exhausting and mundane. But it is the only way I know. I struggle when out of routine. I am actually trying to take steps to relax and let go a little.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Three words I live by- use a diary!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I regularly hear people tell me I am organised but I still feel overwhelmed at times with everything that needs doing.
    Some of my tips -
    I order my groceries online (I can save shopping lists for future use, it is wayyy faster than writing one out & I can get the delivery at the same time each week so it helps me plan how much I need and we only buy what we will use, the fridge is never empty).
    I have a robot vacuum cleaner which I set off when I know we will be out of the house for a few hours, it keeps the floors pretty ok.
    I have a diary which I write all appts, parties etc so I can keep track of everything. I write notes in my phone constantly so when I am at the shops I can access the notes and remember which birthday I am shopping for etc.
    I have bought enough clothes for everyone in the house to last a week, so the washing only gets done once a week (I know it sounds insane but we have a 9kg washing machine so 2 loads on a fri/sat and we are done). I hang things up straight away so I don't need to iron much, maybe a few shirts.

I do a lot once the kids are in bed each night, so every morning I can wake up feeling like I am on top of things (doesn't stay that way during the day though ).

Hope that helps a little bit, I seem to go through periods of time where I will be really motivated to declutter and get the house looking nice and then I'll have a slump where I can't be bothered doing anything...