+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Gothel is offline Skip the drama, stay with Mama!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Ooo I like that idea. It's so hard to stay organised to. I try to keep on top of stuff but it takes a LOT of energy and I can't maintain it. This morning I'm off to bunnings to get some storage boxes for toys, and I'm half way through culling Miss4's wardrobe. I did miss6's last week. Just stuff they have grown out of or worn out.

But then when I turn around the bathrooms are filthy or the washing has piled up, or the fridge is empty or dinner is late. It's impossible to keep on top!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Gothel For This Useful Post:

Freyamum  (24-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    At the start of every month I buy all cards, presents etc.. We're in full on birthday mode and it doesn't look like letting up anytime soon!!
    Means I'm not wasting time at the shops every week or two..

I agree with doing a mass clean and then maintaining it.. makes cleaning easier and less time consuming..

Focusing on one room at a time and de cluttering is also what I do.. feels like I'm always attempting this though as we've had so many life changes over the past few months.. but I WILL get there!!

Sent from my GT-I9507 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm much more organised than I used to be, although I'm still working on improving it.

My top tips are:
    - Get rid of clutter. Seriously, everyone says it, but the less cr@p you own, the less cr@p you have to sort, dust, rearrange, look through, trip over etc etc etc.
    Throw out the junk and sell or donate the good stuff.
    - Get the kids involved. Give them the responsibility of keeping their areas nice and neat. Yes it's a pain the neck (and you will probably have to redo a lot at first), but they will get good at it too. And as a bonus you are teaching them how to be organised too.
    - Start with one room and don't try and do the next one until you are managing that one well and it is staying organised. Trying to do too much at once won't work. You need to slowly build in new habits into your routine so that they 'stick'.
    - Storage really helps. Whether it is a hook on the inside of the cupboard to hang something, or a whole new cupboard... make sure everything has a proper place. If it's too hard/fiddly to keep things neat it probably won't happen.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    How many kids and what ages?
    Most of us struggle. Try find your peace in the chaos and don't have unrealistic expectations on yourself. They aren't little forever

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Bluebirdgirl For This Useful Post:

spoon  (25-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Far from organised here but just take it as it is. The only really organised part of my life is my work and social life as i have things planned for in advance 90% of the time.

Sent from my GT-I9506 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes I am organised, I love having a very tidy house, car etc.

Best way to stay organised is to get rid of all junk. Put everything away and if something doesn't have a place to be put away, throw it out.

Throw away (or give away) everything that does not get used.

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I'm not a naturally organized person, but this is what I do to make things run a little smoother:

De-cluttering
    One thing in, one thing out rule. Eg If I buy new trousers for DS, however many pairs I've bought the same amount goes to the op shop
    A place for everything and everything in its place
    Pay bills as soon as I receive them
    Meal plan
    Calendar
    Lists, lists, lists. Every morning when I arrive at work the first thing I do, before I even turn on my pc I write a list of what needs to get done that day. Then I read through my emails and add about a million things I do the same at home. I have a master list of all the home improvement/big jobs, then weekly lists of all the niggly day-to-day stuff. I see where I can fit all the day to day stuff into my week and if there's not a lot I'll also get cracking on one of the larger items, otherwise they just sit there forever.

This all makes me sound super organized, but it only gets followed maybe 70% of the time. It's better than nothing, though!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was in officeworks the other day & I spotted an 'everyday life planner' that had almost everything in it to plan for 12 months, and it's undated so you can start whenever! They had a similar meal planner one too, I think they're a great idea for getting organised!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a diary that I religiously check. I love it. I also use the one in my iPhone, INCASE I forget something.

My house = different story.

⭐️DS #1 born 15.03.2010⭐️
    ⭐️DS #2 born 16.02.2014⭐️
    ⭐️Me=29 💗 DP=34⭐️

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've got a printable organiser that I got from The Organised Housewife and it looks great. I haven't actually printed it and used it yet - fail! Lol I'm actually hoping to have it printed this week because I start uni on March 3 so I'd like to have something to write a study plan in as well as a meal plan, housework, shopping list, play dates, appointments etc. For cleaning at the moment, I use an app called Home Routines