+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Personally, unless your house is large and very airy/light, I wouldn't use hogs bristle or any beige with terracotta - I think whites and lights greys would be fresher. Remember that the colour of the carpet you choose will change the tone of the paint on the walls too. Sample pots are great if you aren't sure. Also, you can hire a dulux colour consultant.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by biscotti View Post
    Another vote for Antique White USA - we have used that so many times, half strength, full strength, it always looks

If you like gray, I think half strength Taubmans White Smoke might work too. It looks cream on the sample sheets, but is actually light light gray on the wall.
    Sorry to derail but in a whole room, does the Antique White USA look overly creamy? Or even at all?

ETA: On a different forum a lot of people are saying this is the best white as well, but the dulux site is down and I can't look to see how creamy it is...
    Last edited by Luna Lovegood; 22-02-2014 at 20:55.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    We painted our whole interior with light rice (quarter strength), it's hard to see from this photo as it's night but it is a really beautiful colour and it seems to go with everything! It's more of a pink beige rather than yellow, I love it!

ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1393066263.335807.jpg

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My house is large and airy with extra high ceilings. Hiring a colour consultant sounds interesting, how do you find one? I also do not want any yellowish colours as that's what we have now and we are sick of it.

Mod-biscotti is online now Administrator Administrator
    Winner 2012 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Luna Lovegood View Post
    Sorry to derail but in a whole room, does the Antique White USA look overly creamy? Or even at all?
    It doesn't look creamy at all (well to my eye anyway! I don't "do" cream, I just love white, and this shade is one I have used time and time again, although we mostly do half strength, depending on how much light the room receives, type of window dressings etc

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Another vote for dulux antique white USA. Great colour that goes with everything.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry OP, I thought I had a good photo of the room empty just after it had been painted, but can't find it! Below is the best I could find - this is the room with the reddish timber floors & the Hogs Bristle 1/2 strength:

IMG_0846.jpg

ETA: I should add it's quite a large room (aprox 6.5mx4.5m) and gets heaps of light.
    Last edited by decemberbubba; 22-02-2014 at 21:30.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to decemberbubba For This Useful Post:

beancounter  (22-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Antique White USA is my hands down favourite white. I adore it!

Thanks
    Reviews

trying to post a photo of the tiles. Already got a creamish/yellowish theme and I'd love to change

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by biscotti View Post
    It doesn't look creamy at all (well to my eye anyway! I don't "do" cream, I just love white, and this shade is one I have used time and time again, although we mostly do half strength, depending on how much light the room receives, type of window dressings etc
    I don't do cream either and I am wanting grey trimmings. The current owners of the place we have just got has the worst taste ever and have hideous cream walls with faux antique furniture, Australian outback wall art and novelty tourist stuff like key hooks nailed hard to the wall, and finally turquoise kitchen cupboards...I have a fun project ahead of me