+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default First year nursing text books

Hi everyone, I will doing my first semester of Nursing, textbooks are crazy expensive, can any other nursing students advise which textbooks they actually used the most/absolutely couldn't have gone without? I'm doing bioscience, health and society, communications and thought and practice foundations. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Sent from my C5303 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi 3cheekyboys :-)

Which uni are you studying with?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    Have you sussed out 2nd hand text books online? I've found really cheap books on this site: https://studentvip.com.au/textbooks
    There should be a fair few others. Maybe even ebay?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I got a lot of mine from the second hand bookshop. Is that an option? Where are you?

Thanks
    Reviews
    What textbooks do you need? I have some from a few years ago that you're welcome to buy if they're still the correct editions. Otherwise, can you get a cheap deal through the publisher? I'm starting a psych degree and my textbook retails for $140 - the publisher sells an e version that can be viewed on computer, iphone, and iPad for $60 so I went with that and love it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi,I'm University of Sunshine Coast. I'm in Gympie though so probably not alot in second hands bookshops here. I will have a look online. Was just wondering if there were any I definitely didn't need to buy? Probably hard as different unis would use different texts I imagine!

Sent from my C5303 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Check out QUT second hand bookshop if they stock any that you need. Here's the link http://www.qutguild.com/eat-drink-sh...-hand-bookshop if they do and they will take your payment over the phone I am happy to deliver them (I visit my parents at Cooroy every 2nd weekend). Also I did my last degree at USC and a lot of people post flyers selling their books every term on the notice boards. Otherwise I have managed to complete subjects in the past without purchasing textbooks but I was really committed to doing the readings at the library every week.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to RipperRita For This Useful Post:

3cheekyboys  (24-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    i remember buying mine it was sooo expensive especially when you only used some of them for one semester so watch out for that. i studied on campus and the library had copies of the texts. look around for secondhand even if you have to drive to pick them up it might be cheaper than new, check you have the right editions though.

i like the idea of looking for e versions from the publisher too also see if you can buddy up with someone who is a year ahead of you and get their books off them

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by HarvestMoon View Post
    Have you sussed out 2nd hand text books online? I've found really cheap books on this site: https://studentvip.com.au/textbooks
    There should be a fair few others. Maybe even ebay?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Yep - I always check textbook exchange, eBay & booko. Also, if there's a FB group for your course, you might find people selling books on there.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm studying first year Nursing too. I always buy the recommend books. I bought nearly all of mine second hand. I scoured Gumtree, Ebay, and also look on FB. My University has a few nursing pages set up on FB by students, there are a few buy and sell pages too. Maybe advertise on your local buy and sell FB page.