Closed Thread
Page 89 of 95 FirstFirst ... 39798788899091 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Lincoln has started having mucky eyes today but hasn't been to child care since last tuesday. Could it take that long to show up?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Poor babe she looks a bit sad

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I hope Lincoln and Sienna are both better soon.

J how is Lucy going? Any better?

Sent from my HTC_0P6B6 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lil Smurfy View Post
    First lot of drops are in. Poor little kid Attachment 57468
    Poor bubba 😔

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Just a different way to use eye drops for either kids or adults
    This is how i put eye drops in dd .... she closes her eyes.... I put drops on inner corner of eye where sleep accumulates.... I then tell her to open up... drops follow eye curve and in...

old school nurses trick.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to katiana For This Useful Post:

ChannyV  (07-07-2014),Lil Smurfy  (07-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Channy, I read 24 - 72 hours later. Clearly Sienna is on the later end of that scale cos she hasn't been to childcare since Friday and she only had symptoms today

Thanks
    Reviews
    Poor Sienna getting conjunctivitis! I can only imagine how hard it must be getting drops in her eyes! Hope Lincoln isn't getting it too, Channy. A cold is bad enough.

Rebecca, I detest phoning centrelink. I usually end up going there in person because it's less painful than waiting on hold for ages. It's always a long wait on the phone whereas if I turn up at 4pm on a Friday I usually get seen quickly....I.think because all the staff want to clock off at 4:30!

J, that's a shame Jetstar don't allow prams to the gate. I thought it was standard. I would still ask when you check in to see what the ground staff say. Worth a shot at the last minute! Otherwise can you use a sling?

T minus 7 days until our move! Feeling sad about leaving the friends we've made here in the last 3 years. Hope we're making the right decision!

Thanks
    Reviews
    *Thread crasher*

I'm no doctor but our youngest two had blocked ducts when they were young and have had conjunctivitis a couple of times each. I think it's fabulous that chlorsig is available over the counter.

We always have the small saline droplet solution containers in the fridge. We flush the eye first to make sure it is an infection and if it comes back with avengence then one of us will pop out to the chemist whilst the other baths said child separately and "quarantines" them! Personally, we find the ointment and not the drops works best as it is harder for them to flush it out straight away or cry it out. It does leave a greasy residue on their eyes though. Use separate cotton balls for each eye when wiping, change and wash clothes and bed linen, towels, face washer for three days. Try and restrict toys to those that can be washed, ie. plastic ones that can be thrown into the tub and use a different play blanket for a few days that is easily washable.
    If the drops aren't working within a couple of days go and see your gp. One of our kids only needed chlorsig, whereas our other child who has had it has needed a different antibiotic for it both times as the chlorsig didn't work for him. Try and be diligent for three days. Put it in more often on the first day and even through the night if it happens just before bed in order to get on top of it.

So far we haven't had any of our children pass it onto anyone else in the family. We also stay home and not mix with others for at least 3-4 days.

Channy, I've found often the conjunctivitis was brought on by a blocked duct with the child having a cold with snot (bacteria) making its way into the eye and not being flushed easily. Hope both bubs are back on the mend soon. xxx
    Last edited by Little Ted; 07-07-2014 at 19:59.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Little Ted. I've changed everything. We have some little eyes saline wipes which are individually wrapped, which we've been wiping her with.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ah yes - Fess little eye wipes are great - nice and gentle.