Closed Thread
Page 6 of 95 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    J, when I was trying to teach Meadow to sit I sat on the floor with her in front of me between my legs. If she wobbled there was support to save her but she wouldn't get hurt and had encouragement to sit. This was useful whilst playing with Toby on the floor! We could all join In! Sure she'll do it soon, don't worry too much just encourage when you can. x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Bond, I will give it a whirl. Does Toby climb all over Meadow? Oscar gives Lucy "cuddles", but squashes her in the process! She is fairly resilient, but if she is tired etc, she lets him know he's being annoying...poor child!

This is a picture from this morning...check out the $8 dress I got from Coles (the "Mix" section)!!

J x.

Sent from my GT-N7000B using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Attached Images

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Thanks
    Reviews
    Very cute miss x!!

J, yes Toby does climb on Meadow a.bit. I have to tell him off quite a lot at the moment for being too rough with her. The novelty has definitely worn off!! But she pulls his hair and gets her own back :-)

Here is another question I have posted on the forum in case anyone can help!

Ds has a cold and this afternoon it's turned into a cough and losing his voice. Apart from honey and lemon, which not sure he'll drink, what works well to soothe his throat either natural or over the counter?? I have a humidifier in his room to ease congestion. TIA

Thanks
    Reviews
    Let me put my doctor-hat on.
    To be perfectly honest, if it is a simple viral infection (which is the most likely scenario), there is not much you can do. Simple remedies like Vicks Vaporub and the humidifier, may offer some relief. Generally, regular paracetamol and ibuprofen will give the best symptom relief (relief from fever, headache, chest pain from coughing, and some relief of a sore throat). You can alternate paracetamol and ibuprofen every 3 hours (so paracetamol 6-hourly and ibuprofen 6-hourly, staggered in 3-hour increments). A sore throat is very hard to treat, even in adults...most adult lozenges just anaesthetise the tongue!! Give him something warm to drink (like the honey/lemon), which will keep his fluids up and may soothe his throat a little.
    Hope that helps. It's awful when they are sick.
    J x.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh my gosh, Chelsea is so very, very cute!! Love her chubby arms and legs!!
    J.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks J. He's had paracetamol before bed, got Vicks on and a humidifier in his room. Also water by the bed. Just wanted to check in case there was something I was missing. He sounds so horse :-( Luckily can't be feeling too bad though as still quite happy

Thanks
    Reviews
    J yay for a toothypeg that's exciting. As for sitting I'm sure Lucy will do so when she is ready but I did similar to suggested and just sat her against me or put pillows behind her. Also for every good photo of River I take about 20 dodgy blurry ones lol. I love that panda top on Lucy, so cute!

My dating scan is 5/3 so next Wednesday. I had a letter from GP today requesting I make an urgent appointment due to abnormal results. When I rang they said it wasn't urgent and had something to do with my initial urine sample so I hope its nothing important as I can't get to the Dr for a few weeks (will prob see Ob before I can get to GP)

Smurfy that's a great photo of Sienna.

MissX great photos of Chelsea. So glad your day away went well.

Bond I hope Toby feels better soon

Sent from my HTC One S using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Subbing, I got left behind in all the sleep deprivation. (C finally slept last night woohoo!) wow the bubbas are so cute and getting so big!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Finally managed to jump on the PC and catch up.
    Ive been reading along, just struggling to comment much.

all the pics of these squishy little girls are ADORABLE. Keep them coming. Ill jump on my phone in a min and post some updated pics of Rhett.

Pony, Rhett has just started being more interactive this week. flashing smiles at anyone that will talk to him, and it is very obvious now that he recognises familiar faces. He also has a lot more control of his body now and moves with more purpose. He is 8 weeks today. The time will come Pony, and you will want it to slow down LOL

LilSmurfy, Good to hear that Sienna is doing well at child care. 4 hours for her second day is really good. Im sure she will be ok. When do you start work?

Bond, those pics of Meadow trying to crawl are so so cute. she looks so proud of herself. I hope Toby is feeling better and no one else is sick.

Channy how is Lincoln going, are you getting any more sleep?

Understandable that you dont want to take anything Toni, hopefully the MS eases for you soon. get onto the fruit tingles, they helped me feel less nauseous.

J, yay for Lucy's tooth coming through. Im sure you know this, but I would not stress about her not sitting yet. Everyone is different and reaches milestones at different rates. I agree with the washing basket and encouraging her when you can, but I don't think it is anything to worry about at her age.

Hi everyone else. Hope you are all great