Closed Thread
Page 59 of 95 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bond Girl View Post
    Oh no, Smurfy! Poor Sienna really has had a bad run since she started child care hasn't she! Hand, foot and mouth can be horrible in babies. Toby had it last year but not so bad as he was older I think. But had disgusting nappies and night terrors. I really hope she's better soon. Yay for AF though!

Munchkin glad you and Poppi did well on your own, and she slept well when finally went down. I think if she's going to pick one place to sleep it's better it's her bed. Hard when you want to go out I know but at least you can rest when she's settled at home

MissX, yes Chelsea and Meadow would be good company for one another during the night! She was up a lot again. I tried to go to bed early but it was pointless. And worst thing is she's now starting the day at 0530. Began a week ago. How are you feeling?

Also does anyone else still have their linea negra (sp?). Still got mine 9.5 months on!!!!

I've got a gynae appointment this week re. Loads of pain when DTD. Result of the tearing when I had her I think. And also got a rectal ultrasound to check the repair is all ok inside just in case we have another bub so I know it's ok to go for a vaginal delivery again. Hmmm that'll be fun!!!
    I still have what I got of linear nigra too! I was wondering if that was normal just the other day! Mine is just in my pubic area and under my belly button though... Weird!

Our angel ~Skye~ born 21/11/2012
    Our rainbow Poppi born 26/03/2014

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bond I hope Meadow starts to settle a little better soon. Good luck with your appointments.

Smurfy I hope Sienna is better soon. You are right, she is your top priority. Glad you know whats going on with AF now.

munchkin that's great that you survived the night without DH. Can't believe she is 2.5 months old.

MissX thats no good about Chelsea's bowl. I know my nephew used to have trouble with constipation caused by the formula and later discovered a lactose intolerance. Hopefully its nothing though and going back to EBM improves it. Which formula did you try?

MIL leaves tomorrow at 5am River is cutting her 5th tooth one of the top front ones this time. 21 weeks tomorrow. Thats pretty much it.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to ToniS For This Useful Post:

Bond Girl  (02-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lil Smurfy poor Sienna has copped her fair share of sickness. Id take the time off work too. I wish her a speedy recovery. Oh and glad AF showed up.

Munchkin glad you survived your night alone. My DH is a shift worker and I remember him going on night shift for the first time. I stood at the door sobbing not wanting to be left alone with a 6wk old. Now I do it twice a week and don't think about it too much. I'm lucky Ava is a good sleeper

Bond good luck with your appointments this week... I don't envy you

Toni yay for MIL departing tomorrow. I can't believe some of the things she's said to you.

Miss X sorry can't help re bowel issues. Poor lil Chelsea having issues. Maybe J has some advice... How exciting that Chelsea is standing and scary at the same time.

J I understand your concerns. I think it's good to speak to the mchn but I wouldn't worry yourself unnecessarily. Let us know how you go with the mchn.

Ava is 11 months old today. I can't believe she's almost 1. I'm in the throes of planning her party. We have a wedding this weekend and Ava is having her first sleepover at my parents house... I'm looking forward to the wedding but I know I'll feel anxious even though I know my parents are more than capable of looking after her.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I. Hate. Nappy rash!!!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I will write a longer post later, but just wanted to say...Miss X, it is very common for a baby of Chelsea's age to have constipation, and certainly does not indicate bowel dysfunction. Babies are just establishing their bowel microflora (bacteria), and getting "used to" different foods. Lucy used to get constipated all the time, but has recently seemingly "grown out of it". I used to use glycerol suppositories, and just put a glove on and stick one up her bum...within a minute or so, it was effective!! Instant relief for her! You can buy them over-the-counter at Pharmacies, and they are very gentle.
    J xx.

Sent from my GT-N7000B using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Munchkin; what are you using? I swear by Paw-paw ointment. It sounds hippy, but it has always worked for me. Acts as a barrier, but has natural anti-inflammatory properties.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    15 mins after she went to sleep, Sienna woke up screaming. She thrashes around and seems like she's in agony. She was fine all day. I don't know what's going on. Looks like once again, we're sleeping in the lounge room, cos her port a cot was the only place she'd sleep. I might just try the port a cot in the bedroom tomorrow night and see how she goes. Her screams are so loud, she probably wakes the neighbours

Thanks
    Reviews
    J. We have paw paw that I use with the MCNs. But we are onto the disposables so we can use other stuff. Last night we ended up putting Curash powder as we had some samples from expo's we've been too... That seems to have relieved her pain a bit.

DH thinks it's Huggies wipes that do it to her... So we've put that packed away and using Curash wipes too...

Thanks
    Reviews
    I remember Oscar reacting badly to the Huggies wipes too, when he was a bub! I use Curash wipes exclusively now also. I find them to be great. Interesting, hey! I hope Poppi's bum clears up soon, poor poppet. J x.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to J37 For This Useful Post:

munchkin859  (03-06-2014)

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Munchkin Toby had terrible nappy rash as a newby! Bepanthen and corn flour were the only things that worked! Oh and cloth wipes (a soft face washer with water). He still reacts to disposable baby wipes.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to rainbow road For This Useful Post:

munchkin859  (03-06-2014)