Closed Thread
Page 32 of 95 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Thanks J. I've juggled my working hours for the rest of the week, to keep her away from childcare (hubby is on afternoon shift). I'm worried that the woman has passed it on to other babies in the room, so the least amount of time she's there, the better.

Next question, I've had people recommend pentavite infants vitamins. Is there any benefit to giving this to Sienna (for her general health)? Can this be given while on antibiotics?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yes, Pentavite is a really good multivitamin, and can be given whilst on antibiotics, yes. Remind me, Sienna has formula, yes? You can actually put the Pentavite liquid into her bottle when you make it up...makes it easier to get it all into bub.
    J x.

Sent from my GT-N7000B using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Great, thanks J. Yep she's mostly formula fed, has breast milk at night. I'll give that a try

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    J: Lucy looks so relaxed there!
    River is just insanely active. But when they crawl at 4mths and walk along furniture at 6mths you just give up thinking they will slow down haha.
    Pregnancy is going well. 17w today so progressing quickly. Sciatica is back which I'm not enjoying but other than that all good.

Smurfy: I hope Sienna is ok and doesn't catch chicken pox.

Nila: the twins are gorgeous. Have things improved with your DH?

Bond: way to go Meadow, great that she is so active. Will be chasing her brother in no time.

Sent from my HTC One S using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Question for those who are breastfeeding... I have a few commitments coming up which neccessitate leaving Lucy for a few hours, and need to leave her with some expressed breast milk. But I seem to be really bad at expressing; I just don't get good volumes. I have a snazzy breast pump, but even pumping for 10 minutes each side, and then hand-expressing for a bit, I only get about 50mL at a time.
    Anyone have a strategy which helps them express better volumes? I find if I set my alarm for 3am and pump then, I get better volumes, but I would really rather not do this!!
    J.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh dear J 50ml in that time for me would be awesome. I did 30mins each side with pump followed by hand expressing for a bit to get Rivers full amount.

Sent from my HTC One S using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was getting 20ml when pumping for half an hour.

Have you tried hand expressing, some people say that works better for them. How long after a feed are you pumping? And how long before the next feed?

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's so helpful to have a doctor on the chat . About the expressing when my first turned 3 months my production really started to slow down and I would only get 30ml max on a good day...maybe pump more often or run breast under warm water or even having a hot water bottle on your breast while pumping might help

Toni things with dh has been a bit of hot and miss really he has been ok for the past 2 weeks then this week things have been horrible, he's come home cranky from work and complains about everything that is not done, he's been forgetting to tell me important stuff and been lying about the money that he has spent (he has a personal trainer which I don't approve cause he himself is a pt and he kept reassuring for the past 6months that it was free and I found out late last week that he has been spending $110 a month). Last night he actually slept on the couch

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am pumping about 3 hours after a feed. I just tried some of your suggestions (thanks girls, you are great!!); used a hot water bottle, looked at photos of Lucy, and then tried some hand-expressing...and I got 50mL. It's frustrating, isn't it! It seemed to come faster though. I will do some more tonight. I like to leave at least 100mL for her.
    Thanks everyone! It's reassuring to know that I'm not the only one who struggles with this. I remember expressing when Lucy was 12 weeks old (I had to have a day-procedure in hospital) and I pumped 100mL in 10 minutes on one side...so I just assumed it would be the same now. But I guess breast milk changes in composition and quantity as it becomes established.
    J x.

Thanks
    Reviews
    When I've expressed (not much so far...) I only get about 50ml from about 15 mins on each side... That's almost immediately after after a feed though... Maybe I should try after two hours...

Our angel ~Skye~ born 21/11/2012
    Our rainbow Poppi born 26/03/2014